chapter 20

kanao's pov~

me and giyuu hung out in the hotel room we were staying in. kenji hadn't come to our room at all so we assumed he was asleep.

the sun had finally started setting. "we should start getting ready to go on patrol." i say looking out the window at the beautiful multicolored sky.

"ok. i'll go get the kid and tell him to get ready." giyuu says as he walks out of the room and goes next door.

i can hear the two talking as i grab a few things and both of our swords.

i walk next door and could hear very loud but not quite yelling voices. i go to knock and once i do everything goes quiet.

giyuu comes out with an annoyed expression. i send him a look of confusion. "nothing. let's go." he says in a pissed off tone.

i look at the other male in the room. he has the same type of uniform as me and tanjiro with a dark grey hori decorated with different shapes. he has light brown hair that reaches his shoulders. he has small scars all on his body. his eyes were a soft bluish purple hue. freckles littered his face and body. his skin tone on the lighter side and curten like bangs covered his face. (a/n sorry i didn't describe him sooner i kinda forgot lol)

i look back to giyuu who is already halfway down the hall by now and follow him with his katana still in my hand.

im walking behind giyuu when i feel another hand grab my free one and gently hold it.

i immediately freeze. kanji, being the one holding my hand, continues walking but stops when he noticed i had stopped.

"come on kanao we've got to go." he says with a bright smile.

"let. me. go." i say in a deadly tone giving him a death stare.

"awe come on don't be like that sweetheart! let's catch up to giyuu!" she says not moving from his position.

i yank my hand from his and run off to giyuu.

i finally catch up to the raven haired man and look behind us to see kanji is taking his sweet time walking towards us.

"giyuu i have an extremely bad feeling about him. he just tried to hold my hand and walk with me to you. he even called me sweetheart. i don't even let y/n call me that." i say in a disgusted tone.

"i know. i didn't have the best conversation with him earlier either. he's absolutely obsessed with you." he says.

"ugh. if only tanjiro or hell inosuke was paired up with us." i say pinching the bridge of my nose.

"yeah. if only." she says with a sigh.

kenji's pov~

"who is this "y/n" person!? clearly they have some sort of connection with my kanao. i need to be careful but if i need to get rid of them... i will." i think as i catch up with kanao and giyuu.

"hey guys!" i say. kanao looks happy to see me.

seeing a smile on her face makes my heart skip a beat.

i go to put an arm around her when stupid giyuu interrupts and pulls kanao off into a different direction.

"me and kanao will go this way. you go that way." he says before walking away hand in hand with MY flower.

"you will pay for this giyuu." i say to myself before i turn to walk away.

kanao's pov~

giyuu practically drags me away from the indigo eyed boy.