chapter 23

y/n's pov~

~time skip: two weeks after kanao's mission~

me and kanao had split up for the day. kanao with aoi, naho, sumi, and kiyo doing the rehabilitation training with kenji while i watch the boys while they train and make sure they don't end up getting hurt or hurting each other and to help them with anything they need of course.

it was around lunch time when i decided to make the boys take a break and make them lunch until the girls were done with their training.

i finish making us all lunch when kanao, the girls, and kenji all walk in for lunch.

"oh, hi y/n! did you just make lunch?" aoi asks as she puts on an apron and joins me at the kitchen counter.

"yeah i just made mine but since you guys are here i can give it to one of the girls if you wouldn't mind helping me make the rest." i say with a smile.

"yes of course!" aoi says as she grabs more ingredients for the lunch.

"here naho, you can have this one." i say with a sweet small smile as i hand the young girl my bento.

"thank you y/n-san!" she says as her face lights up and she rushes to join the others at the table.

me and aoi finish making the rest of the bentos and head over to the table with the rest and pass them out.

i see that kanao is sat between naho and tanjiro and across from kenji.

"scootch bitch. i wanna sit next to wifey." i say nudging tanjiro.

"yeah yeah ok." she says in a sarcastically annoyed voice as she playfully rolls his eyes and moves over.

i take a seat next to kanao and hand her the bento i made for her.

"here you go love." i say with a smile as i kiss her cheek.

because of kenji being there, she turns and gives me a closed eye smile and a small nod.

"itadakimasu!" we all say in unison as we all begin to eat.

"HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING Y/N! YOU NEED TO COOK MORE OFTEN!" inosuke shouts with his mouth full as he stuffs his face with the food.

"why thank you inosuke, i appreciate it." i say with a smile. "aoi, in coming for your job." i say jokingly with a closed eye smile turning to aoi.

"oh ok! just don't forget to scrub down the paralyzed slayers, cook for everyone, train the injured, tend to everyone, put up with the bitchy people, and pretty much everything that lady kocho doesn't have time to do!" she says with a smile.

"aoi, im not coming for your job." i say with the same expression and tone.

"that's what i thought. now eat before i shove it down your throat." she says as she continues to eat.

"yes ma'am." i say as i continue to eat.

~time skip to after lunch~

kanao's pov~

after lunch me and y/n decide to walk around the neighborhood before training a bit. the walk from the butterfly estate to the love estate is roughly 2.5-3 miles (4-4.8 km).

we walk to the love estate so we can get some stretching in with mitsuri since she's the best when it comes to stretching.

we do a few simple but brutal stretches with her before racing back to the butterfly estate.

"haha i beat you!" i yell as y/n runs full speed and jumps onto me. i almost fall but manage to catch them and keep my balance.

we giggle as i spin us around and kiss them.

"don't worry, you're still a winner in my heart" i say, centimeters away from her lips. she tries to go in for another kiss but i back away before she could steal one.

"nah uh uhh~ you've gotta work for it darling~" i say with a wink as i put her down and walk into the mansions training dojo.

y/n's pov~

i whine at the fact of having to work for kanao's affection but follow her anyway into the dojo.

"we are going to rain our asses off, and in return, i will give you all my love an affection." she says. that itself motivates me as i agree and we both start working our hardest.

by the end of the training we are both laying in pools of sweat as we catch out breaths from the hours of training that we did.

"... do..... i still get..... my affection.....?" i pant out as i look over at the girl laying next to me.

"a promise....... is a promise..... but after we shower...." she says as she looks at me a laughs a bit.

"wow.... okay...." i say as i get up and help her up. "race you to your room?" i say as she stands up.

"yeah. GO!" she yells as she darts away from me.

i start running after her. she obviously makes it there before i do because of her little scheme.

"you cheating mother fucker." i say in a fake angry tone. "how dare you cheat on me like that. that's it we're over." i say with a fake sob and a big smile on my face telling her i was absolutely joking.

she decides to play along with it. "yeah you just weren't good enough for me. we're done. im not sorry at all. you were a bitch anyway." she says in a fake sassy tone.

"my bitch." she whispers to me before walking past me to grab clothes and get in the shower.

little did i know our fake fight would trigger something bad. something very bad.

a/n~ merry christmas!!! i hope you all had a good christmas or just a good day or a good year if you don't celebrate anything. sorry the chapter took so long i had literally no idea what to write so this was just shit off the top of my head lmao. i hope you enjoy!