~christmas special~

a/n~ hello! i know this is a bit after christmas but i just thought about it and thought it would be a cute idea! this chapter doesn't contribute to the actual story so you don't need to read it if you don't want to im just making it for fun! i hope you have a wonderful day/night and happy new year (:

_____________________________

3rd person pov~

outside it looked like a winter wonderland. fresh snow from the night before covered the once green grass, the roof tops of buildings, the branches of trees that were once filled with beautiful leaves, and anything else that was laid out for the snow to cover like a heavy blanket.

the warm delicious smell of vanilla and peppermint coated the house as aoi was taking the sweets out of the oven.

the birds sang and danced with the chilly breeze as bits of warm beams of sunlight poked out from behind the clouds.

three little girls standing outside of a certain room, hesitant to go inside.

"naho knock on the door!" a little girl by the name of kiyo whispered to the girl next to her.

"ok ok. aoi told us to do it and that it should be fine, right?" naho whispers to herself as she knocks on the door.

"k-kanao-san... y/n-san... aoi-san said to start getting ready. she needs a bit of help with the baking for today...!" naho says as she opens the door a crack.

"ok we will be there im a few minutes. thank you girls." kanao says with a closed eye smile as the girls smile brightly and close the door.

y/n was still asleep on kanao's lap. kanao had woken up an hour ago but didn't want to disturb y/n's very much needed sleep after having to look after a very ill senjuro while kyojuro was out on a mission and shinobu was out getting more medicine and herbs as she was running out.

"y/n... you need to get up now my love.... it's christmas morning." kanao said as she gently pet y/n's silky smooth hair.

y/n stirs a bit before waking up and rubbing their eyes.

"why good morning sun drop" kanao says with a giggle. (i have been binge watching fnaf security breach so i just had to make a reference to it lmao)

"good morning" y/n replies groggily as they stretch and yawn.

"wait.... ITS CHRISTMAS!" y/n yells once the realization hits them.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" y/n yells as she engulfs kanao in a hug.

"merry christmas my love" kanao says as the hug back.

"aoi said she needed help with baking and cooking for today and asked us to help. i told her we would be ready soon." kanao says as her and y/n get up.

"OH OH OK OK! ILL GO HELP HER THEN!" y/n says. they are practically bouncing off the walls with excitement.

"y/n! you don't have a top on!" kanao yells before y/n could go far.

"OH SHIT YOURE RIGHT!" y/n yells as she looks down and sees that she's in christmas pajama pants and a sports bra.

y/n runs back into the room and kanao hands them a wrapped box.

"here's your first christmas gift! i hope you like it" kanao says with a smile as she hands them the gift.

y/n takes the box with a wide grin as their face lights up. they rip off all the wrapping paper and open the box. inside they see pajamas with little dinosaurs on them.

"awwwwe!! these are adorable!!! thank you kanao!!" they say as they hug her tight.

"and better yet.... i have matching ones!" kanao says as she pulls out a matching set from her closet. hers had pink dinosaurs on them while y/n's had green.

"AHHHH THEYRE SO CUTEEEE!!!" y/n squeals as they start jumping up and down. "im putting these on right now!" they say as the rush into the bathroom to change.

once they finish, y/n and kanao go to the kitchen to help aoi with the baking.

y/n, kanao, aoi, and tanjiro all helped to bake all the sweets for everyone. they baked all kinds of cookies ranging from just regular sugar cookies to peanut butter cookies and oatmeal and raisin. they baked vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, macha, and carrot cupcakes, peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate, lemon bars, and more! if you can think of any baked good, they probably made it!

after all the baking, they all moved to the living area where the christmas tree was and exchanged gifts.

what tanjiro got people-

y/n- a fidget ring with the moon phases on it because when y/n gets nervous or starts getting really bad anxiety they get extremely fidgety and starts picking at their skin.

nezuko- a teddy bear to play with when she's awake and cant come out or is just bored.

inosuke- a shiny rock because inosuke is a gremlin and loves anything shiny

zenitsu- ear plugs to help with sleeping since he can hear everything.

kanao- a flower pin she can put on her hori

what zenitsu got everyone-

tanjiro- wave earrings since he knows water breathing

inosuke- a little bore key chain thing

nezuko- a bunny rabbit stuffed animal with her name engraved in it

kanao- a butterfly necklace

y/n- a fuzzy blanket because who doesn't like fuzzy blankets

what kanao got everyone-

y/n- a heart locket with a picture of the two of them in it

nezuko- a few pages of star stickers to put in/around her box or just to give out to people

zenitsu- a lightning bolt bracelet

tanjiro- a sun charm because of his bright personality

inosuke- temporary tattoos since he doesn't wear a shirt, might as well put something there

what y/n got everyone-

they got everyone a group photo of all of them plus genya, alex, muichiro, aoi, sumi, naho, kiyo, and of course kaburamaru and a picture frame.

what inosuke got everyone-

he got everyone charms with the symbol of their breathings on it. zenitsu got a lightning bolt, tanjiro got a sun and a wave, kanao got a flower, y/n got a moon and nezuko got a star because why not.

after all the gift exchanges they all packed up the baked goods and went to give each of the pillars a box of them.

in the end it was an amazing christmas and everyone went to sleep full and happy.