valentines day special (very late)

y/n's pov~

i wake up bright and early to three little girls shooting plastic arrows at me. i groggily sit up having absolutely no idea what is going on. "ugh... what time is it?" i ask as i rub my eyes. "its 6:30 a.m!" naho says with an eager grin. "ugh why did you wake me up so early?" i say and i lay back down and try to snuggle into kanao but realize she isnt there. "because aoi is busy making cookies and she knows you can yell at us! kanao-san is in the restroom getting ready!" the girls say in unison. "ok... hey ill treat all three of you girls to ice cream and candy if you wake the boys up by banging pans together." i say with a mischievous grin. the girls turn to look at each other and with a wide grin they all nodded and left with giggles.

i get up and walk to the bathroom where kanao is. i spot her in the closet trying to find something to wear. i quietly walk up behind her and snake my arms around her waist. she jumps and turns around quickly. "y/n! you startled me!" she says giggling after. "good morning my love" i say as i kiss her gently on her soft, pink lips. "haha good morning" she says as she pecks my lips once more. "can you help me pick out an outfit?" she asks me as she turns around and goes back to what she was doing. "what for? are you going out with someone?" i ask. "yeah, you dummy!" she says as she laughs a bit. "oh yeahh! how could i forget!" "shit shit shit. im in deep shit. i should've pieced it together! shittt i can't believe i forgot!" i think to myself. as im cursing at myself in my head i try and help kanao pick out an outfit for the day as well as pick one out for myself.

after we finally pick out our red and pink outfits, we head into the kitchen where aoi had made tons of cookies with the help of tanjiro and zenitsu and very much not the help of inosuke who was in the corner eating cookie dough. "that cookie dough is safe to eat raw, right?" i ask in a concerned vice. "yes it is. i dont think i would feed my boyfriend raw cookie dough and risk him getting salmonella." aoi says as she takes out the last batch of cookies. "BOYFRIEND!?" i yell, "SINCE WHEN!?" i ask. "uhh... i dunno like 30 minutes ago? is that right inosuke?" she asks as she washes off the last bit of cookie dough left on her hands. "31 minutes and 23 secconds" he says as he continues to eat his cookie dough. everyone turns to look at him with concerned yet impressed expressions. "uh okay.." aoi says as she turns back to face me and kanao. "about 32 minuets. anyways, come help us package these cookies so we can hand them out." she says as she hands me a few containers of cookies and bags and hands kanao a sharpie to label them all with.

as we go out to deliver them all, i walk closer to aoi. "heyyy so i may have kinda forgot i made date plans with kanao and that today was valentines day.." i say to the girl. "oh my lord. ok ill help with the date but youve gotta do the rest. deal?" she says. "deal. thank you so much aoi." i say thanking her. "yeah yeah. now go give those to uzui and his wives." she says as she nudges me in the direction of the sound estate.

once we finish handing out all the cookies for valentines day, we all head back to the butterfly estate. shinobu and giyuu are in the kitchen making a late lunch for us since we spent a majority of the day making and handing out cookies for everyone. once everyone finishes eating, the boys take kanao to their room to play cards and hang out. they ask me to come but i decided to stay in the kitchen and help shinobu and aoi clean up.

"here's what we're gonna do tonight. we are all gonna go out on a date. me, inosuke, kocho-sama, tomioka-sama, uzui-sama and his wives, kanroji-san, and obanai-sama. we're all going to go out for dinner and hang out tonight then when we get back, the rest is left to you. also, i reccomend getting her something. maybe a matching necklace or earrings or something." aoi says. "okay. again, thank you so much aoi. you're a life saver." i say with a sigh of relief. "i should get her a promise ring. a matching one for us." i think.

once we finish cleaning i tell the boys to keep kanao distracted so i could go out and buy her a ring and a nice outfit for tonight. i ask mitsuri to come along with me since she has a good sense of style. we go to the jewerly store first to pick out rings. we look for a while but once my eyes fell on them, i imediatly knew these were THE rings. the band of kanaos ring is a white gold with engravings on it to make it look like a branch or wood. it has a white flower in the middle that represents a cherry blossom. mine is like hers except it doesnt have a flower and its just simply a white gold ring with engravings on it making it look like wood.

 mine is like hers except it doesnt have a flower and its just simply a white gold ring with engravings on it making it look like wood

the rings ^^

once we got the rings we headed to the clothing store to pick out outfits for us. for kanao, we got a pink sweater and a red plaid skirt with tights since its cold outside. (for more masculine people) for me, we got a red suit with a light pink button down shirt, black dress shoes and a heart tie. (for more feminine people) for me, we got a brown plaid skirt with a white top and a comfy pink cardigan to go on top as well as some tights.

once we got all we needed we went back to the love estate to package the gifts for kanao and plan out everything and get ready for the date. once everything is ready i go back to the butterfly estate where kanao was. i walk into her room and see her drinking tea and sitting on her bed. "y/n! where were you!? why didnt you come and say bye to me before you left....?" kanao asked as she got up to hug me. "im so sorry flower. i went with mitsuri to the store to get you something for tonight." i say as i hand her the gift bag of clothes. she takes the bag and takes out the clothing inside of it. "awwe y/nnn these are so cute! you didnt have to you know!" she says as she hugs me again and kisses my cheek. "ok now go get ready! we're going out with all the other couples for dinner tonight. afterwards i have a surprise for you." i say with a wink as she giggles and goes into the bathroom to get ready.

~•~ time skip: after the date ~•~

as me and kanao are walking to the serpent estate i stop her. "kanao, i love you with all my heart and not matter what i will always stay by your side. through life and death, i will never leave your side and i never want to leave your side. i will stay with you through everything. i promise you i will never ever leave your side or leave you alone. to make sure we both remember this promise," i get down on one knee and pull out her promise ring, "i got you a ring. this ring is a symbol of my love and promise to you until we're old enough to get married." i say with a small chuckle.

kanao stays still. her face and body frozen. i start to panic a bit since she isn't responding to anything. "k-kanao..? are you okay..?" i ask. "shit. did i say too much? did i make a mistake? i shouldn't have said that last line. married!? what was i thinking!" my mind runs and runs as tears start to prick my eyes a bit.

suddenly i feel soft lips smash onto mine as kanao pulls me down close to her. "i love you so much y/n! you are the best thing that's every happened to me and i never want to be apart from you. you bring me so much joy and always make me feel better. i love you so much." she says as she continues to shower me with kisses. "hahaha i love you too kanao!" i laugh. i give her the ring and i put mine on. we put them on the fingers that you would put a wedding ring on.

we walk to the serpent estate to finish our night with hot cocoa and cookies. we later fall asleep in each other's embrace. kanao's head snuggled into my chest and my head on top of hers. we fall asleep and end the best valentine's day ever.

a/n~ sorry it took so long to write this! i got busy and get distracted easily but i finished it!! will be working on a new chapter soon i just need to get more ideas! until then loves <3