chapter 14

!!tw: homophobia and description of a panic attack!!

y/n's pov~

i woke up alone in my room. confused, i got up and got ready.

once i got ready i walked to the kitchen to see kanao sitting while mitsuri and obanai do their weird coupply things while cooking.

i smile as i walk over to kanao and go to kiss her on the cheek. she dodges it and gives me a weird look which i find weird but don't think much of.

we all sit and chat while eating and having overall a good but sorta weird morning. weird as in every time i tried to be somewhat affectionate towards kanao, she would always give me a weird side glance and move away. every time that happened mitsuri and obanai would snicker too. it was really strange but i tried my best to just not over look it.

~time skip~

me and kanao walked to the sound estate to help uzui with the surprise birthday. me and kanao walked hand in hand but she seemed kinda uncomfortable with it which was weird because she was usually the one who wanted to hold hands. i brush it off as she was just tired from the early morning and late night.

once we get to the estate, we part ways. kanao goes to tengen while i go out to the town with makio to keep her distracted.

"do you think kanao will like me back?" i ask out of nowhere while looking at the bracelets. "mmm i don't know. maybe." she says as she looks at the rings. "i think uzui should get me a different ring. the diamond on this one is too small." she says changing the subject.
"that's really weird. she loves the ring he gave her." i think giving her a confused look. she doesn't notice and continues on her way.

kanao's pov~

"so.. do you think y/n is actually going to confess to you?" uzui says while hanging up streamers.

i flip my coin to see weather i should speak or not and it ends up landing on heads. "i hope not." i say bluntly. "she's been so touchy lately and it's making me uncomfortable. i thought she knew i was homophobic. all the stuff she does is so gay. it's weird." i say with a slight disgusted look.

"yeah you're not wrong. she's going to embarrass herself in front of everyone. it's going to be hilarious!" he says posing.

i giggle a bit at his antics and continue cutting more streamers.

~time skip because im tired asf~

y/n's pov~

we finish shopping and as we're on our way back i see the flamboyant mice scurrying up to us. "that's our signal." i say with a deep breath. "yup." makio says bluntly.

i mentally prepare myself for what's coming up. "you got this y/n. she likes you back. at least that's what shinobu said. let's just hope she's right." i think to myself.

before i know it, we're at the party.

everyone is gathered around and talking. me and makio show up and everyone shouts surprise as it's supposed to be a surprise party.

we all laugh and talk a bit before i gather the courage to actually confess. "ahem!" i clear my throat to gather everyone's attention. "i just wanted to say that the reason we're all here isn't for makio's birthday but for me to tell something to someone i really deeply care about." i say while looking at everyone. "kanao, i deeply love and care about you. you've shown me so much love and affection. more than i could ever dream of. over the past few months of knowing you, you have shown me new things and have overall just been there for me always. i truly do love you and i hope and wish you feel the same way..... kanao... will you be my girlfriend...?" i say with quickly with a deep breath while looking deep into her beautiful pink eyes.

suddenly everyone starts bursting out laughing. even kanao. my face heats up immediately out of embarrassment and confusion. "w-what..?" i ask confused as to why everyone is laughing at me. "i thought everyone was here to support me..." i think as tears start to rush to my eyes.

"NO! OF COURSE I DONT LIKE YOU! I WOULD NEVER DATE SOMETHING LIKE YOU!" she says laughing harder. "b-but-" i try but was immediately cut off.

"EW I HATE GAY PEOPLE!! THEY'RE SO WEIRD AND DISGUSTING!!" she says with a disgusted face. her voiced laced with venom.

i could feel my heart shatter in a million pieces. "why? why must this happen to me?" i think as hot slaty tears start to run down my face.

"awww! is the little baby gonna go run and cry?" mitsuri says sticking her lip out.

who knew hearts could break so much? the one girl i knew i loved and the one person who pretty much raised me and was my best friend. they both made fun of me in front of everyone.

i couldn't even move out of pure hatred and sadness. too many emotions coming at once. my heart was racing and i couldn't even make out one thought. too many things rushing through my head at once. i couldn't even process anything. i couldn't breath, i couldn't see. all i could do was sit and shake and cry.

"y/n....?"

"y/n..."

"y/n."

"Y/N!"