chapter 25

y/n's pov~

i walk out of the room to cool off a bit because at this point i am fuming. "whoever started that roomer is going to be fucking sorry." i think to myself as i walk to the kitchen to make some tea for me an kanao and to help get my mind off of things.

i walk into the kitchen where kenji was. he was sitting at the table eating what looked like a cookie. im still pissed off so i walk in without a word and go straight for the tea kettle.

"hey" i hear kenji say from the table. "not in the mood." i say with a threatening tone. "i heard what happened between you and kanao. just know that she will be mine no matter what." he says. i could hear the smirk on his face.

"oh... hahaha..... i should've know it was you..." i say tapping my finger on the counter. in a flash i was at eye level with the kid, the colar of his shirt balled up in my hand and a knife stabbing at his upper thigh. "i will fucking end your life if you even THINK about touching her. i don't care if it's against corps rules to attack another member. i will kill you with no mercy. understand?" i threaten him. the knife pressing harder against his leg, drawing blood.

"y/n! get away from him!" i hear a deep voice shout at me. i feel a big hand grip my shoulder trying to pull me away. i yank my shoulder out of the man's grip and let kenji go. i turn to see sanemi standing behind me and glaring at me. before i walk away i turn around quickly and punch kenji in the jaw.

"that's a warning kid. stay away from what's mine." i say. "Y/N! THATS ENOUGH!" sanemi yells at me. "fuck off." i yell before walking off and throwing the knife i had in hand at the wall directly above kenji's head.

tears started pricking my eyes because of the anger and frustration and just overwhelmingness of what's happened in the last hour and a half. i breakdown in the middle of the hallway not being able to breathe or stand. tears keep falling and falling and no matter how hard i try, they won't stop.

"...hey.... it's okay..." "no it's not. we both know it's not." "i know... it's just something people say to help calm others. penny for your thoughts?" "if she finds out she won't love me anymore. i know he's going to switch up the story. no one will believe me. everyone's going to hate me. i'll be alone again... i don't think i can do that again..." "...oh.... do you want a hug? im not good at this stuff, sorry haha..." i turn around to hug the stranger. "thank you" "all i did was listen and offer a hug. just decent human stuff. no need to thank me." they said as they hugged me tightly.

"are you hungry? i met this lady earlier and she said i was really adorable and stuff and invited me for dinner. im sure she wouldn't mind if i brought a plus one." they offer as i pull away from the hug. "did she have long pink and green hair tied in three braids and accompanied by a short, stubby, angry man with a snake?" i ask. "yes she in fact did hahaha. do you know her?" the very comforting stranger asks. "yeah... she's kinda my mom in a way? long story short, she found me and took me in when i was eight." i say while rubbing the back of my neck.

"oh! that perfect! she didn't give me an address she just invited me" they gave a closed eye chuckle. "oh uh im jo by the way! it's nice to meet you!" jo says extending their hand. "hi jo! i'm y/n! it's a pleasure to meet you!" i say as i shake their hand.

"uhhhh.... how long are you guys going to sit on the floor...?" zenitsu asks as he stands a bit away from us just watching us. "uhhhh how long is it going to take you to get a girlfriend, doofus" i jokingly ask as he scoffs. "uh as long as it takes for nezuko to love me back!" he says crossing his arms. "uh huh" i say in amusement.

"anyways. jo! do you want me to show you around?" i ask as i stand up and offer them my hand. "sure! i'd love that!" they say with a smile and take my hand. "bye cry baby!" i yell back at zenitsu and wave.

"what are you at the estate for?" i ask as i take jo to kanao's room so they could meet her and we could all walk around. "oh i broke my wrist and cracked my ribs hence the sling." they say moving their arm up to show me. "ooooh pshhh yeahhhh i totally knew that" i say swatting my wrist at the air. we both giggle and make casual small talk.

we eventually reach the room and i stop them. "jo.." "y/n.." "are you prepared to meet the best person, besides me obviously, ever?" i ask as i place my hand on the door handle. jo takes a deep breath. "okay. i'm ready." they say. "ok... im opening the door in 3... 2... 1..."