chapter 16

y/n's pov~

i watched as kanao ran back towards everyone else. my hand slowly reached up to my cheek where she had kissed. with a smile brighter than the flame pillars, i turned on my heels and ran to where makio was waiting for me in the sound estate.

"MAKIO!! YOUR FAVORITE TSUGUKO IS HERE!!" i yell. a few seconds later i hear footsteps running at full speed towards me. i immediately brace for impact as makio reaches me and engulfs me in the biggest hug ever.

"AHHH Y/NNNN!!!" she squeals in excitement. i laugh as i hug her back.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOURE GOING TO CONFESS TO KANAO!" she says emphasizing kanao's name. "i know right! im honestly surprised too! even though we've lived in the same area and not that far from each other for years we only met a few months ago!" i say excitedly.

"ok ok ok. where should we go? we should get something for her!" makio says excitedly. it looked like stars were in her eyes she was so excited. i giggle at her antics. "let's go to the nearby town! we can go shopping there!" i say as she agrees and we set off.

~time skip <3~

kanao's pov~

"so! kanao!" uzui says loudly. i look over to him with my usual blank look and smile, signaling for him to continue. "do you have a flamboyant crush on anyone!?" he asks out of nowhere.

i pause. "did shinobu tell him? no, she wouldn't do that... maybe he's just asking to start conversation...? i think it's normal to ask teenagers those things..." i look over to my sister for any answer as to what to do. she looks at me and gives me a wink. "is that a sign to trust them..?" i think. "i'm so confused. what should i do...?" i think as i look around for an answer. "right! the coin!" i pull out my coin and flip it. "tails. don't tell him." i think as i silently put the coin away and go back to what i was doing without a second thought.

"oh-! okay!" uzui says. i can tell he's confused. i find it funny and stifle a laugh.

shinobu comes up behind me and whispers to me. "you can trust him you know. he won't tell anyone." she says quietly. "really?" i ask shocked. "shocking i know." she says with a snicker. "if you want i can tell him." she offers. i lightly nod as she pats my back and goes up to tengen.

"really!? that's amazing! HAHAHA THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FLAMBOYANT!!" uzui yells excitedly. i softly giggle at his reaction. "what does he mean by 'this is going to be so flamboyant' tho..?" i wonder. i just brush it off and don't look much into it.

"i miss y/n..." i think. "what was that cloud called again..?" i hear softly behind me. i turn and look behind me to see muichiro and alex hand-in-hand. i wave to the couple and talk to them for a bit. (in sign language because alex is deaf )

i explain pretty much what im doing and they offer to help. i accepted it gratefully as we all began working together.

y/n's pov~

me and makio made our way to a toy store somehow and we're looking at all the stuffed animals. i see a cute bunny rabbit that was white and fluffy. it had cute little ribbons at the base of the ears and an adorable little bow tie.

"you're getting that for kanao." makio says not giving me much of an option either way. i pick it up and notice it smells like jasmines.

~flash back~

"y/n!" my mother called. i rushed to her as fast as i could with my short stubby legs. "yes mama?" i say looking up at her with a big grin. she hands me an empty jar that, by the smell of it, was once filled with beautiful jasmines. "go out to the forest and fill this back up with jasmines for me please." she says with a kind smile. i grab the jar carefully and turn to leave. "oh! and can you grab some roses while you're out there too? i need them for a self love spell." she says giving me a basket for the roses. "ok mama! i'll be back!" i say as i scurry off. "be careful dear! you can help me with the spell once you get back!" she yells. i smile and run off to the forest.