chapter 18

y/n's pov~

i wake up to the sounds of soft snores and birds chirping. i look down to find kanao nuzzled in my chest. i blush as i kiss her on the head.

i slowly get up, making sure to not wake the sleeping beauty that is my girlfriend. i manage to get up without waking her and head to the bathroom. that's when i realized what i was wearing.

1) i was not wearing what i wore last night and 2) im in silky pajamas that are very short and hug my curves fairly well.

"what in the fuck happened last night?" i think. "well i honestly doubt kanao would change me, let alone put me in something like this which means..."

"mitsuri!" i storm in. the pink and green haired girl was sitting in bed reading while obanai was asleep on her lap. "shhh what do you want" she asks me. "what the fuck did you put me in!?" i ask, my voice only getting louder out of spite.

"shut up! and i just put you in the pajamas we got that one time from staying at the sword smiths village." she says finally looking at me. "ooooh they look really good on you! they hug you in all the right places!" she says with a wink.

"mitsuri, you can practically see my whole ass! not to mention you can practically see the underside of my fucking boobs!" i yell at her. "if you don't shut the hell up i'll make you wish you never fucking existed." obanai says in a menacing tone.

"shut it short stack. your girlfriend had the bright idea to dress me in the most sexiest thing she could find and deem it as 'the first clothes she found' and left me to sleep with my girlfriend." i say in a clearly irritated tone.

obanai looks up at me and then layes back down almost immediately. "yeah ok now i don't blame you. that should be illegal for someone of your age to wear honestly." he says.

"look im sorry. it was late and honestly i don't think any of us really cared that much anymore plus we were all half asleep." she says. i just look at her with my eyebrow cocked. " *sigh* i'll buy you chocolate and strawberry mochi. we can go today if you want." she says looking at me with a slight smile. "apology accepted." i say with a content look as i leave.

kanao's pov~

i wake up and immediately notice y/n not there. i start to panic a bit wondering as to where they went.

i hear te door open and look up to see y/n. they're dressed in silky pajamas that hug their curves very well. it's extremely revealing tho.

"good morning love." she says with a smile. i smile with a sigh. i wanted to cuddle with them more but as they sat back on the bed i gave them a kiss and got up.

"im sorry love i wish i could cuddle more but im back on duty today and im supposed to be expecting a mission sometime soon. lemme get ready and i'll come cuddle with you after, alright?" i say with a sweet smile.

"okay" they say with a closed eye smile. they watch as i go into the bathroom as i start to get ready for a mission.

a few minutes later, i come out fully dressed and go lay with her until im given a mission.

i lay my head on their chest and listen to their heart beat. it's at a steady pace and is very calming. y/n starts to run their fingers through my hair as i release a content sigh.

an hour or two passes by and we had both fallen asleep. that is until we heard my crow. "CAW! CAW! TSUYURI, KANAO! THERE HAVE BEEN ROOMERS OF A DEMON SIGHTING IN A SMALL VILLAGE CALLED INE NORTH-WEST OF HERE!! YOU ARE PAIRED UP WITH TOMIOKA GIYUU AND SAITO KENJI!!" it yells. both of us startle awake at the sudden loud noise. the crow repeats itself twice before silently waiting for me.

"i'll see you later y/n. i love you." i say before kissing her on the lips and heading out the door. "wait, kanao!" they yell as im walking out the door. "yes?" i say turning to face them.

"let me walk you to the gate. i wanna spend as much time as i can with you." she says as she grabbed my hand. "that would be very nice actually. thank you y/n." i say kissing their temple.

they giggle as we both put our shoes on and walk out the door.

we walk to the gate hand in hand. we eventually see giyuu there waiting for me.

"good morning giyuu!" y/n greets happily as i smile and wave. "good morning girls. ready to go kanao?" he says in his usual monotonous voice.

"yeah." i say. they turn to me before i could leave and give me a kiss on the cheek. "good luck. i love you." they say as they hug me.

"i love you more." i say as they give me a big squeeze and i head off. "i love you most." i barely hear them say quietly as i run off with giyuu.

y/n's pov~

"they'll be okay, don't worry. they're both very strong." i hear from behind me. "i know. i just don't want to lose her so quickly." i say.

"hey, do you wanna go and get some tea or ramen to get your mind off of it?" the voice behind me asks. "yeah that would be nice. thank you tanjiro." i say turning around.

a/n~ hello! updates might be a bit slower due to school starting back up again but i will make sure to update at least once a week :)

EDIT: i just realized that i completely did this wrong so i pretty much just rewrote this chapter instead of taking longer to rewrite the chapters 19 - 21