chapter 6

(A/N- i hope y'all are enjoying this so far (: ! i'm sorry updates are a little slow i started school and it's kinda stressful but i'll try my best to remember to update (: )

y/n pov~

i gave kanao a wink and looked back over to shinobu and smiled. shinobu was smiling, eyes a bit wide in shock. i giggle and continue our small conversation. afterwards me and kanao head back to the butterfly estate, for it was getting late and i needed to get back to mitsuri and obanai before they got worried.

we arrive at the butterfly estate and before kanao goes inside i give her a big hug and say "goodnight darling, i'll be back to see you tomorrow." and with that i leave.

kanao's pov~

"goodnight darling, i'll be back to see you tomorrow."

"why does that keep repeating in my head? why do they make me feel this way and.... why don't i want it to stop...?" i ask myself as i try to go to sleep. it's probably around 2 am currently and i'm still thinking about what they said.

"they're so pretty with their beautiful (e/c) and (h/l) (h/c). i don't know what they could possibly see in me.... maybe i should ask shinobu and mitsuri about it. they seem to know a lot about feelings." i say to myself as i finally drift off into the darkness we call sleep.

y/n's pov~

i wake up bright and early to a familiar white reptile sniffing my face. "good morning kaburamaru!" i say cheerily as i softly pet his head. he slithers off my bed and motions me to follow him. i comply, getting out of bed and quickly getting ready for the day.

kaburamaru waits for me as i quickly get dressed and ready to follow him to an unknown destination. i finish getting ready and he slithers out of my room directing me to where i need to go. we walk for a while and he eventually takes me to mitsuri who is standing with kanao and shinobu.

as i get closer i see shinobu giving kanao a huge closed eye smile and clapping her hands while mitsuri is squealing and jumping up and down. i stop in my tracks and look down to kaburamaru who is nudging my leg wanting me to pick him up. as i do so i look over to him and ask "what do you think they're talking about?" and of course with no response he wraps himself around my neck and nuzzles himself agains the crook of my neck.

i walk over to the group and greet them. "hi!" i say. "oh! hello y/n! i see kaburamaru finally woke you up?" mitsuri says giggling and hugging me. "yes he has. he was very eager to get me over here." i say giggling as well as i return the hug, kaburamaru transferring to mitsuri. i break away and wave to shinobu and finally go to the most beautiful girl there. i hug her tightly and ask her how her morning was going. she hugs me back and tells me her morning was very eventful, having to train the three boys that had recently got here and all.

i pull away from her and grab her hand as we say our goodbyes to mitsuri and shinobu. "do you have anything planned for today?" i ask kanao. "no not that i know of... i guess i have training to do but i kinda already did that with the boys, so nothing really" she says in a soft voice with a small closed eye grin. "good. i wanted to spend the day with you!" i say excitedly.

kanao looks at me with a small smile while a bit of pink dusts her cheeks. "come. i have the perfect place." i say gripping her hand tighter. i take her to a beautiful flower field i found a while ago while exploring. "here come sit" i motion her to sit next to me as i sit down on the grass, leaning against a tree.

word count: 690