chapter 30

y/n's pov~

shinobu and giyuu rush over as soon as they got the crow. we explain everything to them. shinobu is visibly pissed and has tears running down her face and even giyuu looks angry.

kanao starts shaking out of nervousness and starts picking at her hands. i notice and hold her hand to keep her from hurting herself and she plays with my ring to keep herself distracted.

".... i'm going to murder him." shinobu says. "ah sorry i kinda already out him in the brink of death... my bad" i say with a small chuckle. "no. he doesn't deserve to live. he is disgusting and deserves to be punished further. i refuse to help him recover. im kicking him out of the estate." shinobu says as she gets up to leave. "kanao, you're staying here until everything is cleared up and he is completely gone and out of here." shinobu says as she leaves out the door with giyuu.

kanao lays her head on my lap and yawns. "im so tired..." she says as she snuggles into me. "sleep my love. you deserve it." i say as i stroke her hair. "damn... i really need to find someone." jo says as they lay their head on my shoulder. "we'll find you someone don't worry." i say as i lay my head on theirs.

"today has been so long. im so fucking tired i just don't give a shit anymore." i say as i close my eyes. "you guys are going to hurt your body sleeping like that. go to y/n's room." obanai says as he gets up. "why? you gonna carry us short stack?" i ask with a chuckle. "you know what? hurt. i don't care." he says in an 'angry' tone and walks away.

"awwe you all are so cute!! here, i'll cary you all to y/n's room. i don't want you all to be hurting in the morning!" mitsuri says with a smile. "it's ok mitsuri. you carry jo and i'll cary kanao. i don't want you to have to make so many trips." i say as i get up. mitsuri nods and puts jo on her back and goes to my room. she places jo on the bed and leaves after kissing all of our cheeks and saying goodnight.

i get in the middle of the bed after setting kanao down and both jo and kanao snuggle into me. as soon as i close my eyes and get comfortable i fall asleep.

in the morning i'm the first to wake. kanao and jo are still snuggled into me, their soft snores breaking the silence in the room. jo's head is snuggled into the crook of my neck while kanao is laying on my chest and hugging me with her legs tangled with mine. i am physically unable to move.

i rub kanao's back in hopes to gently wake her up but to my luck she doesn't move. i decide to just accept my fate and go back to sleep. the second time i wake up jo was no where to be found but a note was left in their spot. it read, "good morning! mitsuri made breakfast and i just couldnt resist, so i'm most likely in the kitchen eating by the time you wake up. (:" i smile at the note and put it back down. i look down to kanao who has snuggled her face into the crook of my neck, her soft warm breaths hitting my skin.

i turn over to face the girl. i hug her and rub her back and play with her hair. "kanao~" i say in a sing-song voice. "wake up my love~ mitsuri made breakfast." i say as i gently caress her head and rub her back. the beautiful girl starts stirring in her sleep. she eventually opens her beautiful pink eyes that shimmer in the morning light that seeps in through my window. "good morning my love" i say as i kiss her cheek. "good morning" she says in a tired tone as she rubs her eyes.

i give her time to wake up then drag her out to eat breakfast since she didn't eat dinner last night. "come on you need to eat." i say as i drag her to the kitchen. "mmmm but i'm not hungryyy" she whines as she slowly walks behind me. "kanao. you didnt eat last night. you are going to eat breakfast." i say as i push her into the kitchen.

"ah there you two are! we've been waiting for you!" mitsuri says. her, jo, and shinobu were sitting at the table drinking tea. "good morning!" i say with a bright smile. "your breakfast is on the counter. it should still be warm." mitsuri says with a smile. she made sure not to put such large portions of food on our plates since she knows that me and kanao get full fast.

kanao goes to sit down while i get our plates and cups of tea. i sit down next to her and give her the food. she gives me a smile as she sips her tea and takes a bite of her food. we eat and talk for a while until shinobu's crow comes through the window.

the crow informs us that kenji has officially been kicked out of the estate and the corps in total. "you're finally safe my love." i say as i kiss kanao's forehead. "would you like me to walk you home?" i ask. kanao nods in agreement as i help her up.

later that night, me and kanao peacefully drift off to sleep without having to worry about kenji. at least that's the mindset we had for a couple of years.