Chapter 16: The Baby

Asami had never been happier. Ever since she had first laid eyes on Korra on that fateful day back at the gala, she had been entranced by her beauty and her confident personality. There was just something so indescribably enchanting about her energy.

It was the same energy she saw now as they packed at the Sato Estate for their honeymoon. Where were they going? Up. It didn't really matter to either of them, as long as they were together.

Let's see. Asami thought. I've almost got everything I need. She looked at her pack, which was bulging and almost impossible to close. She had packed a lot of extra clothes, her make-up, some sleeping bags, a compass, water bottles, and more stuff she had forgotten about already. Can't be too prepared.

"Korra?" Asami exclaimed in confusion, looking at Korra's thinly packed bag across their bed where Korra had just thrown in a change of clothes and a toothbrush. "Is that all you're bringing?"

"Wellto be honest, it's all I need." Korra smiled, as she shrugged apologetically. "Wow! Look at your bag!" Korra jumped on the bed using air bending and sat cross-legged in between their two bags. Asami's open bag got caught in the whirlwind, and various articles of clothing and camping miscellaneous flew out. "Oops. Sorry."

Asami laughed. "It's no big deal. We can just pack it again. Here, help me." Asami started picking up her make-up kit.

"Sure, no problem." Korra started gathering the lost items. "A compass? Asami, why would we need a compass for?

Asami shrugged. "I don't know." She sat down on the bed, watching Korra as she fiddled with it. "I don't even know to bring. It's kind of scary, yet exciting at the same time, you know, not knowing."

Korra sat down next to her. "I know what you mean." She eased her hand into Asami's where it fit perfectly like it always did. "But we'll be fine." Korra smiled eagerly, her bright blue eyes lighting up. "I'll be with you every step of the way." She kissed Asami on the cheek.

Asami smiled. "Come here, you." She moved closer to Korra and wrapped her arms around Korra's firm back.

From outside, they heard the sound of the screeching of tires and the "Yikes!" of a man's voice.

They met each others eyes. "We're not expecting anyone are we?" Asami said.

Korra shook her head.

Asami ran to their bedroom window where she saw Bolin jumping out of a dented sato-mobile in front. "It's Bolin." Bolin waved at her, as she waved back, a forced smile plastered on her face.

"Oh no. What does he want?" Korra flopped on the bed, her arms spread eagled outwards as she sighed.

"He's got someone with him." Asami watched as Bolin hoisted a young child out of the back and slung him onto his shoulders. The little boy laughed joyously.

"Who is it?"

"I think it's Rohan!" Asami exclaimed. "But why's he bringing him here?"

"I guess we'll find out."

They met Bolin at the front door, hand in hand.

"Hey guys!" He said happily. "MeetRohan! My youngest cousin and the littlest of the airbender kids! Rohan say hi."

"Hello!" The boy exclaimed loudly from atop Bolin's shoulders.

"Hi there. I'm Korra." Korra said, friendly.

"Hi." Asami said.

"Rohan." Bolin said, holding the boy. "This is Korra and Asami. They're gonna be looking after you today.