Chapter 17: She's A Rebel

"You know, you didn't have to bang pans over our heads like that!" Bolin complained as he carried the young boy under his arm, still rubbing his ear.

"Yup. But we did anyway." Korra looked at Asami, whose eyes were sparkling with a joy Korra hadn't seen since the wedding. She liked that look.

Asami agreed. "Yes. We did. Now if you excuse us, we have some unfinished business to attend to." She slammed the door shut on Bolin's face and turned her attention to Korra, her eyes now gleaming mischievously.

"Hmm." Asami said, contemplating Korra's figure, her hand resting beneath her chin. "Your fingers are still dirty. Let me get that for you." She reached for Korra's hand and put Korra's finger in her mouth, breathlessly cleaning each finger and savoring the remnants of the vanilla frosting as her eyes glinted.

"You know, that wasn't very politemmm." Korra's thoughts were forgotten as Asami's lips met hers once again. The soft fullness of Asami Sato's lips were like a heavenly cushion against her own. What was she talking about? She couldn't remember. The only thing that mattered was the most perfect girl in the world who she was holding in her arms at that moment.

Asami continued to kiss her, her lips parting as their tongues met as they kissed each other deeper than they had ever did before. "What." Asami slipped out between kisses. "What were you saying?"

Asami pinned her against the wall as Korra willfully subjected to Asami, powerless to do anything against her will. "I don't know." Korra grinned as a slight moan escaped her mouth as Asami nuzzled against her neck. "ProbablyAhnothing important."

"Mmm." Asami said, her voice muffled as she continued to kiss and probe Korra's neck.

Korra laughed. "That tickles!" The vibrations of her voice sent shivers of pleasure into Korra's backspine.

Asami withdrew long enough to smile at her.. I'm powerless against her. Korra realized. Korra laughed again.

"What?" Asami said, her eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Nothing. You're just so pretty." Korra said longingly.

Asami rolled her eyes. "Pfft. Whatever." Her mouth twitched upwards however, and Korra knew she was laughing.

The radio crackled. Raiko's voice came across. There was just something so irritating about his voice to Korra. "Asami? Are you there? I need to talk to you right now. It's urgent."

Asami groaned. "Ugh, he probably wants to talk about fixing the . It's always something with him.

"No." Korra begged. "Don't answer it!"

Asami smiled sadly. "I have to. I really don't want to."

Asami disentangled herself from Korra who was left leaning against the wall. Brushing the loose hair from her eyes, she straightened her rumpled clothing as she cleared her throat and took the radio.

Korra sank to the ground, a half-smile still on her face as she watched as Asami's eyes narrowed in annoyance. Raiko had that effect on people.

It turned out that Raiko, being the insufferable windbag he always was, had ordered Asami to stay in Republic City another week to help aid in further repairs of the city, despite how much of her time Asami had already loaned.

"I can't disobey a direct order Korra." Asami sighed. "I'm so sorry. With Varrick and Zhu-Li out of the city, there isn't really a whole lot of other options he has."

"He's never liked me. This is my fault anyway." Korra had a rocky history with Raiko and she hadn't ever liked him and the feeling was pretty mutual between the two. "I can talk to him."