Chapter 20: Mirrors

Asami was breathless. It had felt incredible to role-play and it had only made things better for them. When Opal had suggested it to her, she had initially been hesitant, but once Asami had taken the role, she found she couldn't stop. And she loved it. She felt so high and alive.

She smiled in satisfaction at hearing Korra's shout as she pleasured her. "Now, Avatar. It's your turn." She wasn't quite sure if she was playing the role right anymore, but quite frankly, she didn't care.

She kissed Korra forcefully, running her fingers through her hair and feeling Korra hungrily explore her body. Passionately, they rolled around on the floor, until Asami found herself beneath Korra in the same position she had immobilized Korra in just moments before.

Korra took the opportunity to tease her. "Well, now isn't this a familiar sight. Oh and good luck getting out Asami. Avatar's grip." Asami chuckled in disbelief as she willingly let Korra slowly control her body. This girl. I love her so much.

Someone pounded on the door. It was the engineer. Korra paused her lazy descent down Asami's body. Damn it! "What is it?" Asami shouted angrily. So close.

His voice shaking, Asami could hear the engineer's nervousness. "It's a call, MissermMrs. Satos. It's from the Earth Kingdom."

The Earth Kingdom? She shared a look with Korra.

"Wu." They sighed.

"Set us a course for the Earth Kingdom then." Asami said. "We'll be there shortly, just keep them on hold."

She heard the engineer scuttle away.

"Am I that mean?" Asami asked Korra, as they recovered various articles of clothing from around the room.

Korra shook her head. "Nah, of course not. I think you just got caught up in the whole role-playing thing."

"Yeahthat's probably it." Asami felt somewhat better. "Guess we better go see what trouble Wu got himself into huh?"

They walked back to the control room where the engineer had set the radio up for them to control.

They shared one more look, and they knew they would need to put their honeymoon on hold just a little while longer.

Asami decided to let Korra talk to Wu. "Hey Wu! What's so important that you need to interrupt our honeymoon, huh?" Not my best idea.

"Heyyy guys, how's the honeymoon going?" Wu's slick voice came across, and Asami could see the slippery guy in her mind. He had always been a littleweird. Not the good weird. The weird that made you distinctly uncomfortable when he walks in the room. And not the good uncomfortable. The uncomfortable when he's hitting on you when you know that you don't like him but he doesn't know that you don't like him so then you're both justOkayI think that's enough. Asami's internally cut herself off from her rant.

"Earth to Asami? Hello?" Asami turned to see Korra staring at her in a weird way. "What you doing? Didn't you hear what he said?"

"Yeah, heasked how our honeymoon is." Asami said, turning to stare out the window at the night sky. How long was I like that? I hope Korra didn't notice. She snuck a glance to awkwardly meet eyes with Korra. They both looked away. Yup. She noticed.

"Sorry, Wu. What's going on?" Asami said. There was no answer.

"He's gone Asami. You were daydreaming or something." Korra said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Apparently we need to help bail him out. Turns out the Earth Kingdom wasn't so easy to retain control over. After Zaheer killed the Earth Queen, the Earth Kingdom fell apart. It's going to take a long time to put it back together."