O3 ; raeil + moonyoung

[ ok so reinforcing the raeil + moonyoung rich ppl thing ]

raeil never liked business .

not like she liked anything her family members liked anyway .

she was the blueprint of shallow internet kid — her dream was to become a streamer or a tiktoker or a youtuber , and her second dream was to become a kpop idol on stan twitter like yoon keeho , and her third dream was to become a professional gamer on a national team like how dramas portrayed . while her friends were showing off their newly bought pradas and guccis , she was selling her chanels for a new gaming keyboard and adobe photoshop premium . while her family was busy discussing expanding their business empire across south korea , she was busy thinking about expanding her tiktok account across the world .

so it was no surprise she threw a fit when her father sent her to business school .

business school , of all boring and rich white people schools . fucking business school .

the rich white people at her academy did their job well , upholding their motto of " only talk to an asian girl if she's a kpop idol or an anime character " . they made sure she never got her spot in the auditorium , her entire table would vacate itself whenever she sat down at the cafeteria , and she would never get any chance at any club she scored for .

needless to say , raeil did not like it . as the queen bee of her high school , the one who got alone with everyone and was never mean or had a clique , she didn't get it . she avoided everything regina george did ( except her smile ) . she made sure everyone felt included . and she also made sure to preach about her tiktok account . so why was everything going wrong ?

her new roommate did not make anything better . she'd seen the girl a couple of times around the campus before , but they never talked . they were complete strangers . probably because she was a typical white girl — blonde hair , blue eyes , bitch face , avoiding eye contact , the whole package .

hell , she didn't even major in business — she majored in biochemistry or astrophysics or whatever the higher - up people in the science buildings across the place did . or maybe she majored in multimedia and was going to achieve the dream she knew she would never achieve .

seeing as she was a white girl , raeil did not waste any time with her . even when the latter talked to her first .

" you wanna get lunch ? "

in perfect korean .

for some reason , that hit a nerve . a white girl speaking korean like the koreaboos oli london antis warned her about . without any warning , she turned around and began an essay - worthy rant .

" wanna get lunch ? wanna get lunch ? are you gonna dump it all on my head and laugh at me with the other people across the place ? are you gonna walk away as soon as i sit down because some wannabe regina george told you i might have some deadly virus i brought from china even though i'm not even chinese ? or are you gonna ask me a ton of shit about idols and animes and laugh at me for not being asian enough just because i hesitate on a question ? you think this is funny ? all of this ? y'all crackers always wonder why we hate white people so much . you did this to yourselves . and now you come to me , pretending to be nice after everyone else treated me like shit , and you ask me if i wanna get lunch so i can get publicly humiliated again ?! "

the white girl was obviously taken aback by her sudden rap verse . she stares , eyes wide open , long hair swishing with the movements of the standing fan in the corner of their room .

then she spoke up .

" ... but i'm korean ? "

raeil froze right in her tracks . her eyes opened wider than that of a giant squid's as she studied her roommate from head to toe once more , finally taking in all the details she missed when they first looked at each other .

dyed blonde hair . blue contacts .

" oh . oh god . "

she wanted to pull out a chunk of her own hair . frustration took over her mind as she launched into yet another rap verse .

" oh my god , i am so sorry — how the fuck did i not notice ?! you looked so much like a white girl i thought you were actually one ! and the fact that you always had a resting bitch face whenever i saw you — which was like two times but whatever — and never looked me in the eye — because i'm obviously a stranger — ! like — oh , god , i can't believe this ! i'm so sorry , i was a dumb bitch , i didn't mean to say all of that to you , i just — "

" you just ? "

" ... i'm sorry . that's it . "

" are you ? "

" huh ? "

" i mean , are you okay ? "

raeil paused for a moment . evaluated her current situation . her blood pressure was probably through the roof , and her palms were stinging from unintentionally hitting the bed frame repeatedly . there was a familiar twinge in her nose that indicated the tears about to break through her wall of faked toughness .

nevertheless , she sniffed it all back .

" i suppose . "

" i mean are you okay as in are you feeling good , not comparing yourself to a white girl because we all know you're way better than them . besides , why are there more white girls in this korean school anyway . "

the former managed to squeeze out a forced laugh , though a few tears still rolled down her cheeks after breaking through . she hurriedly wiped them away .

" i - i haven't asked ... "

" hae moonyoung . "

" how did you — "

" i can read people sometimes , honey . "

" ... honey ? "

moonyoung heaved a long , long sigh . she opened her arms , expression still neutral , still unreadable , though not a hint of malice could be sensed in her aura .

" c'mere . "

raeil didn't hesitate . she gently melted into the hug , letting down her burden . still , the tears in her eyes never fell — they merely hung there , then dried themselves in the air .

" you wanna get lunch ? "

" yes . and this time , we don't sit with the white girls . "