14 ; dont listen to heather at 1am

[ im sorry for the sudden ptg promotion but . ]

upon jace's request ( after hearing about the strange inside joke he and his friends have going on in class ) , chia decided to sing heather as the last song for the week . on that late sunday evening , as midnight ticked past , she tuned her guitar , tested out a few chords on her freshly printed sheet , then cleared her throat .

why would you ever kiss me ?

out of the corner of her eye , she caught sight of a very drunk girl sobbing into a visibly distressed guy's sleeve . the both of them seemed to be complete strangers from their awkward and alcohol-induced interaction .

as she sang , chia almost began to doubt herself .

was her singing really that bad , or was the girl crying just the starting of a random wattpad oneshot that most definitely would not occur in regular bars ?

——————

" WHY WOULD YOU EVER KISS ME ?! "

the girl shrieked at the top of her voice to the handsome stranger in front of her , ignoring his exasperated gasp . jaehyun tried to shake her hand off his snot and tear-ridden sleeve for the nth time , only to grunt in dismay when he found out she still had him in a vice-like grip .

" stop ! " 

" I'M NOT EVEN HALF AS PRETTY ! " 

she was about to reach for some other stranger's mug of beer when he stopped her . stopped as in grabbed her wrist in a grip equal to the one she had on his . however , just as he managed to stop her , he couldn't stop his own mouth from acting in advance .

" you are pretty . " 

those words acted like magic . previously , she seemed to have lost even the basics of comprehension , but as he blurted out those three words , it all seemed to come back to her . 

with an expression equal to that of a surprised anime girl's , and a gasp that also resembled a surprised anime girl's , she let go of him .

" what ... did you ... what did you ... "

" n- nothing ! goodbye ! "

jaehyun wasted no time in getting up and making a beeline for the exit . he was in such a hurry , he even forgot the designer jacket he had draped over her shoulders in a godly burst of kindness after seeing her bare shoulders barely shielded by spaghetti straps .

he got to the basement carpark in less than two minutes ( record time ! ) , immediately locking the doors as soon as he got in . once making sure that nothing could get in or out , he relaxed , reaching into his pockets to search for his -

oh no .

" are you ... are you looking for ... this ? " a wobbly hand reached out in front of him , holding a very wet phone reeking of alcohol .

" oh my god ! " he hollered for two very different reasons .

one : how the fuck did she get into his car ?
two : why was his phone with her and why did it stink like it had been dipped into a whole bucket of soju ?

" i ... yes . soju . " as if she read his mind , the girl began explaining in a manner which only she could understand . " soju go brr . heehee ~ "

" oh my god . " jaehyun blurted out , in disdain this time . " why ... "

" let's go ! " she gleefully tossed the iphone into his lap , clapping her hands as it bounced off his legs and slid under the seat . " let's go ! "