O7 ; xiaoxiao + chae

chae had a terrible roommate .

the kind of demon roommate that would make you question every single life decision you've ever made and realise that the world is a cold , harsh place .

and she could list down a thousand reasons why .

one — she had double standards .

the first time chae brought her boyfriend home , they got shooed out of the apartment as soon as they set foot into it .

" no men allowed ; my house , my rules . " xiaoxiao glared at the boy , fire practically spitting out of her eyes as she purposefully eyes the switchblade lying on the coffee table , " you should understand that . "

without another word , she gestured at the door . clearly intimidated , the boy scurried out of the apartment as quickly as his feet could bring him , leaving chae stomping her feet in frustration .

" my ass ! i pay rent , too ! "

two — she never had any personal interests .

chae's boyfriend's friend visited her that day , inviting her to play a game of escape room with their friend group .

" we should totally go together ! all our friends have been dying to meet you ! the problem is , we're missing one person . is your roommate free ? "

xiaoxiao cast them a glance . she heaved a sigh , shrugging . " i'm free , but i don't spare time for ugly lying motherfuckers . "

" be nice ! " chae huffed , " what the hell is wrong with you ?! "

three — she has no concept of privacy .

" what the hell are you looking for ! " xiaoxiao asked , watching chae flip the whole house upside down .

" my bracelet ! the one with the shiny crystals and a little cat bead on it ! "

" oh , that one ? " the former ripped open a bag of chips and began crunching , " i threw it away with the trash this morning . "

" you WHAT ?! " chae's jaw dropped open , " what the fuck ?! my boyfriend gave me that ! why the fuck would you — "

" because it's trash . "

" it is NOT ! don't EVER touch my stuff again ! "

and four —

chae came home crying after a date . crying hard . at 1am .

" i can't believe he would do that ! " she wailed into her phone , where her best friend seokmin was on the line , " he brought me into a fucking bar full of creeps and tried to drug me ?! and when i didn't buy it , he just tried to slap me ?! in public ?! like — i — i trusted him ! he was great ! and now he pulls this — "

" WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ?!?! " a loud voice coming from one of the bedrooms interrupted her rant , " SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP HERE ! "

hearing that only made chae sob more . she hastily hung up the phone without giving seokmin the chance to reply , then gave xiaoxiao's bedroom door a good , hard kick .

" FUCK YOU ! " she roared , " OF ALL DAYS , ALL FUCKING DAYS , YOU REALLY JUST HAD TO BULLY ME TODAY ! AT THIS FUCKING MOMENT ! YOU STUPID — "

the door opened before she could land another kick .

there stood xiaoxiao , her face still devoid of any emotion . she heaved an annoyed sigh before pushing past chae and walking straight into the kitchen .

to the latter's surprise , she took a small pot of what smelled like soup off the stove and placed it on the kitchen counter , then grabbed a bowl and a can of coke .

sensing her mournful glance , xiaoxiao looked up .

" what ? get over here before i dump everything . "

chae burst into another round of tears . she dropped everything — her handbag , her phone , her high heels and her angry facade , running over to jump into her roommate's open arms , sobbing louder than before .

the truth —

xiaoxiao was on her way to do some hot girl shit ( buy mcdonalds ) when she spotted a familiar figure in the boba shop on the opposite street . it was chae's boyfriend , his hand wrapped around a girl's waist . at first glance , she assumed it to be chae herself , but after giving it a second thought and look , she realised that it was one of his friends and the real chae was currently sitting at home watching dramas .

" naw , seriously ? " she muttered to herself , " that punk ? "

she scooted a little closer to take a look , catching a glimpse of the boy receiving a fancy - looking bracelet with shiny crystals and a cat bead . the waitress at the bona shop thanked them for buying and explained that it was a free gift since it was their shop anniversary that day .

just then , she heard him let out a panicked shout .

" i forgot to get her a gift ! it's our one - month anniversary tomorrow ! "

" just give her this bracelet ! it looks fancy enough and she'll never suspect that it was a freebie ! " his ' friend ' suggested , leaning into his arms , " now come on , babe — you promised me you'd get me that YSL lipstick set . "

disgust fueled xiaoxiao's anger . she wanted to confront them right away , but common sense told her not to . she also thought of exposing them to chae , but she knew that the latter was a lovestruck fool and would never believe her .

so she had to take matters into her own hands .

but first , she needed some help . reaching into her pocket , she pulled her phone out and rang up a very familiar someone .

" hey , seokmin , right ? heard you've had a crush on chae for a while . here's your chance — "