12 ; hendery day !

[ kekw not like i'm continuing 911 anyways so here , a spoilerfest : eunrae goes to macau to continue her studies and has a long distance relationship with hendery ]

sotd : only by lee hi .

eunrae woke up with a plan that morning , which was somewhat abnormal , considering the fact that she never even planned what she was gonna eat in the next five minutes .

however , on that particular day , she had everything written out in her little study journal , from 5 am to 9 pm , and nothing was about studying .

" bye moonyoung ! " she bid a quick goodbye to her rich roommate at exactly 6 am , a huge suitcase in tow behind her .

a taxi was waiting outside the lobby of her apartment building . " to incheon airport , please ! " she told the driver , then leaned back to continue arranging things with her friends back in l . a . .

halfway through the ride , she felt the car begin to shake . within minutes , the bonnet of the taxi began smoking . the driver hurriedly pulled over to check on the car , leaving her stranded in the taxi , a small wave of dread washing over her .

what if i don't get there in time ?

she sat there for a full half an hour before the driver finally told her that she had to find another cab ( after insisting that he could fix it for , like , five times ) . sighing , she could only call a much more expensive uber and remind the new driver to get to the airport as fast as they could .

arriving at the airport , she got off the car without even checking on the suitcase . the driver unknowingly sped off with it , and only when she reached for the papers she needed at the counter did she realise that it was gone . it took another hour before the driver returned , and another hour before she could check in , and by the time she checked in , she barely had enough time to get to the boarding gate before the officials called for boarding .

and just as they were about to call , a loud explosion occurred on the runway . a fuel car had exploded , bursting into flames after coming in contact with the airplane's engines being turned on for checking . the entire area seemed to light up under the fire despite it already being bright as day . all around her were frightened gasps and shocked cries , and officials telling everyone to calm down .

when the firefighters came , it had already been fifteen minutes or so . they began working on the fire , putting it out with dry powder , shouting and gesturing at each other to work .

it took them two whole hours before they put the fire out , and eunrae never took her eyes off them . somehow , when they neared the end and everyone took their gears off , hugging each other in celebration , it touched something inside her .

she was like that once .

and so was hendery .

uncontrollably , she began sobbing , earning the attention of a few people nearby . furiously wiping her tears , she forced herself to pick everything up and move on , just like the passengers waiting at the boarding gate .  by then , it was already 11 am , hours past her designated flight , meaning that she was also hours behind her plan . the thought and fear of falling behind made her want to cry more , but as soon as she caught eye of a worried elderly couple behind her , she sniffled her tears back in .