O8 ; jaehyun + haneul

sotd : nobody like you , itzy .
[ my take on what if jaehyun
left the band after dy teehee ]

" we need to do the thing . "

" what thing ? " jaehyun asked , " you're starting to sound like that kinky nct arranged marriage fanfic you read on the magazine . "

" fanfics on magazines don't exist , jae . i read the dorae thing on wattpad . " haneul retorted while bustling around the house , hastily packing a huge bag .

" well , then ... care to explain what ' the thing ' is ? "

she looked at him with absolute horror , as if he had committed an unforgiveable crime . which , in the eyes of some people ( including haneul and her favourite fanfic characters ) , he did .

" you forgot about the concert ! "

hearing that , jaehyun's preexisting smile fell into a look of absolute horror . one that looked exactly like his girlfriend's .

" no . "

" yes . "

" are we really going to fuck ? in public ? in front of millions of kpop fans who all have their cameras out ? "

" what ? no ! " haneul glared at him , disgusted , " i didn't suggest that ! "

" your wattpad did ... "

" you looked through my wattpad ?! "

" you forgot to log out of the app on my phone . and i took a little peep , so . " he sighed in exasperation . reaching into the bag , he pulled out a lightstick that haneul just put in seconds ago . " is this ... "

she nodded . " yes , we are going to an nct concert , and that is my neobong . is there a problem , sir ? "

" there is ? hun , i left the damn group . you were there . " he said , tone laced with what sounded like remorse .

" which is exactly why we're going to fuck there ! "

another stare of pure horror .

" i'm joking . let's just go . "

——————

the concert venue was completely packed . they arrived hours late and only barely managed to squeeze into the stadium just seconds before it started , and even then , there was some twerp stealing their seats . haneul got to whip her neobong ( or pork hammer thing ) and start screaming with the other fans just as the band arrived onstage .

in that moment , jaehyun had never been more glad that his girlfriend was only fast enough to snatch the seats furthest from the stage . they were quite near the highest edges of the stadium , where the night sky shimmered behind them and the green light sea shone in front of them . as music began to blast from speakers surrounding the area , as the screams got stronger and stronger around them and haneul smacked him in the nose with the neobong , he felt like it was his cue to leave .

of course , she caught him by his arm before he could actually go .

" WHERE ARE YOU GOING ?! " she shouted , voice carried away by all the chaos .

" OUT ! FOR SOME AIR ! "

" WHY ?! IT'S ONLY BEGINNING ! "

as quick as his sudden feeling of exhaustion began , it ended , taken over by a rush of adrenaline . the greetings by the nct members had transitioned into the beginning of a song — their latest hit song , in fact . excitement spiked his heart rate , making his face redden immensely as he wrapped haneul into his arms .