13 ; christmas .

sotd : stay by onewe & oneus

" you're too cute to be holding a lighter . "

" aww , really ? " chia blinked once , twice , thrice at the man in front of her . she then cast a glance back at the upside down bright pink lighter in her hands .

without further hesitation , she flicked it right side up and promptly hung it onto one of the empty branches of the fake christmas tree standing next to her .

" happy now ? "

johnny grinned . he took his own lighter out , hanging it onto the same branch as hers . " yeah . "

" why are both of you so dramatic ? " jaehyun frowned , " it's a no-smoking zone by law . y'all can literally just continue your lung cancer outside . don't act like we're making you go to rehab . "

she made a face . tilting her head ever so slightly in the direction of the mini stage in the bar , she made a sharp ( and audible ) jab at her best friend .

" maybe make him go to rehab for owning thirteen twitter accounts instead ? "

" hey ! " jace breathed into the mic , " don't out me like that ! all those accounts are important to me , okay ? i gotta compartmentalise ! plus , it's christmas ! "

" i've known you for a whole thirty years and you've never thrown such a big christmas party ! "

" bitch , i'm not even thirty yet ! i just got into university ! the university ! "

instantly , he turned to the partying crowd bubbling in the bar . " anyways , everyone , ahem , i mean my roommates and neighbours , that is my bestie chia . she owns a facebook page for singing . she's basically an idol . "

a chorus of yasses erupted everywhere around her as hands began pushing her towards the center of the stage . tripping over a few wires , she gave jace the stink eye for the nth time that day .

taking over the mic , she decided to try for another jab . " yeah , i'm a facebook singer , but did you know me and jace met at a gay bar ? when his weak ass wasn't even a legal adult and probably couldn't stomach one beer ? "

" oh my god ! " one of the rich girls at the school , raeil , burst into a series of cursed laughs , " sounds like me and moony - "

the other rich girl beside her clamped a firm hand over her face . " no . "

" are you into girls , by the way ? " the former pushed her friend aside and asked enthusiastically , squeezing onstage and getting way into his personal space , " or is one of your twitter accounts open so we can be moots ? "

deafening music began to play over the speakers , cutting off jace's answers . excitement began to brew in the crowd as the lights dimmed .

chia took that moment to pull johnny onstage . she gave him her three million won john meyers guitar . the one she had been carrying with her all day .

" a very merry christmas , everyone , " she spoke into the mic , " i'll be accepting song requests except for nct's hoe anthems as a precaution in case underage minors try to sneak in here again . "