O6 ; seokmin + chae

[ watch with heart shaker as bgm plz ! ]

" the prince ! " chae gushed at the boy in fake armour on the stage , who had his hand wrapped over a sleeping girl . " he's so - ugh ! "

" i heard they're planning to host auditions for snow white since the girl playing her will be graduating soon , " xiaoxiao said , " why not ... "

" you're absolutely right ! " the former cheered , earning a few glares from the audience around her .

-----

the first thing chae did was steal all of kiki's hydrating and whitening masks . obviously , it was because snow white needed to be portrayed by a pale girl and despite her skin colour already being porcelain white , she still felt the need to be prettier . applying masks ( and getting barked at by jungwoo ) became her daily routine in class .

one morning , she woke up late . when she finally hurried into class , she only had ten minutes left to do an emergency skincare routine .

" kiki ! i need - "

she paused in her tracks , noticing the mask already applied on her friend's face , dripping whitening essence all over her uniform .

" naur ! "

" you already have one ! " jungwoo protested , " go use your own ! "

chae cast her glance over to her table in confusion . sure enough , there was a box of masks , hydrating and whitening and anti - acne and everything , and they sure weren't cheap . definitely not the type bought in 7 - 11 , but more like the type bought in gucci ( if gucci ever sold skincare products ) .

" i love you ! " she gave xiaoxiao and kiki a hug each , though both of them looked at her like she was crazy .

------

" you know how snow white choked on an apple ? maybe you should start practicing your choking skills too . you know , to look realistic , and also to make sure you don't accidentally die on stage and traumatise the prince . " justin suggested .

" hm , you're r - ! " as she spoke , chae actually choked on her bread . her eyes widened as she launched into a coughing fit .

her friend began laughing , absolutely rolling on the floor while she waved helplessly , face reddening , tears streaming down her cheeks . out of the corner of her eye , she saw a boy in a basketball suit rush towards her , then felt arms wrap around her waist .

then she felt like her entire ribcage had popped out of her chest . the chunk of bread was dislodged from her throat as air instantly gushed in , soothing her coughing fit . she aggressively fanned herself with her notebook , then turned around to thank her life saver .

only to find -

" oh my god ! " chae felt her soul leave her body in an instant , " snow white ! "

" huh ?! "

the prince ( and justin ) could only watch in surprise and confusion as she picked up all her stuff , then run away at the speed of light .

-----

" auditions will begin now , starting with the snow white role ! please keep in mind that the prince will be portrayed by members of the drama club , thus auditions will not be accepted for that role ! " the teacher announced . a few girls immediately rushed forward to hand in their forms , including chae .

to say it was smooth would be quite an overstatement .

she spilled milo on the dress she was supposed to wear for the auditions , so she had to lend one from xiaoxiao ( aka the only dress in her closet ) . given xiaoxiao's height , the dress was naturally longer even after her mother altered it for her .

moreover , she had fallen asleep while waiting , and only when the teacher yelled her name for the third time did she wake up and rush onstage . she even tripped over her own feet on the stairs , ripping the dress at the seams , and cursed out loud . fun !

but nevertheless , the embarrassment paid off . after three more hours of anxious waiting , the panel of judges from the drama club finally distributed the results .

and there she was - she got a role !

------

as a tree .

on the day of the play , all she did was sigh . chae had put in so much effort , so much thought into becoming snow white , but all of it went to waste . her prince ! her prince went to waste !

and here he comes !

she felt like crying .

until she saw his face .

" thy death shall not be in vain ! " he chanted out loud . it was terrible .

" since when did they switch out the prince ? " she muttered to herself .

" since snow white choked on bread . " a voice whispered behind her .

" wh - " she whirled around , the branches on her tree costume instantly slapping the boy in his face . when she finally wiped the leaves aside , she found his face more than familiar . " the prince ?! "

seokmin gave her an awkward smile . " i'm a tree now ? "

" but why ? "

he inched a little closer to her .

" i told the teacher it was because my acting had hit a bottleneck and i wanted to try a stress - free role . but all in honesty ... "

he gently slipped his hands over hers , a frozen smile turning into a joyful one .

" i just wanted to stick with my snow white . "