17 ; jaeyeol

[ sotd : ave maria, kim ahjoong
movie   :   200  pounds   beauty
this  song was  from a movie  in
2006 but its so much better than
some   shit   these   days  like !!!
anyways   imagine   if   this   was
jaesolo  debut  song it  would  be
SO  FUCKING  GOOD  LIKEEEEE  ]

[ i actually thought hanyeol was 한열 for a really long time and i thought golcha daeyeol = gabi jaeyeol until i fuckin realised it was 하녈 but its ok idgaf jaeyeol is a cute shipname ]

"are you nervous?" hanyeol asks as he picks up the clothes strewn all over the changing room. jaehyun eyes his reflection in the mirror, focusing on his ass instead of his face (perfectly reasonable reaction, since he was bending over).

"why wouldn't i be?" the latter wipes his sweaty palms onto his hands, "it's my debut show."

"your mv got a lot of positive feedback on a lot of platforms, hun, it'll go great. people will love you." his manager coos.

the stylist, yue, arrives just in time. hanyeol finishes cleaning and leaves her to her work. he has known her for a long, long time, and he knows she can do miracles. he has seen her skill on other idols he worked with before.

still, something prompts him to stand by the door that day. out of curiosity. just curiosity.

he hears them talking.

"will you do you absolute best for me?"

"i will ; it's your debut show after all. i get it." a soft, breathy woman's voice replies.

"no! i mean, if you make me prettier... will he look at me more?"

silence. hanyeol feels his heart clench at that question. he does not know who 'he' is, but he knows an idol should never have messy thoughts before going on to perform their debut show. especially when he's worked for eight years to debut under a world-famous company with high anticipation.

he thinks he should go in and talk to jaehyun until he hears his name.

"is it manager yoon?" yue asks.

"... yes."

hanyeol feels like he's about to have a fever.

jaehyun likes him? jung jaehyun? the golden trainee of limitless entertainment?

he wants to believe it so bad. maybe he's got a chance after all, or maybe he's just fucking stupid. either way, he wants to believe that jaehyun likes him back, and he wants to... maybe he wants to make a move.

he goes on to communicate with the staff of the music show. he checks on the audience. he eats some dragonfruit from the empty changing room next door. he has everything arranged perfectly for the debut, and then he goes back to the changing room.

he knocks on the door and hopes his voice isn't shaking (much).

"y'all done?"

yue walks out with a breeze she didn't have when she went in. there is a subtle, upward curve on the corner of her lips. it shows off dimples he never knew she had, and her
bionic prosthetic arm glints under the bright white light in mischief. can fake arms even
be naughty?