Too clumsy

It had been two weeks since I begun lessons with Tae. He was very focused and attentive. Since I didn't know one thing about tutoring, Brian would help me out here and there. Apart from that, I was killing it. Okay, not exactly killing it, maybe just suffocating it.

My alarm rung by my bedside making me frown in my sleep. I rolled over to my side turning it off. I quickly got up and took a quick shower after which I brushed my teeth and made myself breakfast before preparing for a lesson with Tae. I ate a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of orange juice. I grabbed an apple from the fridge before sitting on my study desk.

After a few minutes, I was face to face with Tae about to kick off our lesson. I smiled and waved, he did the same stopping midway staring at me like i had grown nuts.
"You have something on your teeth," he politely told me. I rushed to the bathroom grinning towards the mirror. Great! Just great! I had peanut butter all over my teeth, I looked ridiculous. I grabbed toothpaste and my toothbrush furiously brushing the peanut butter remains away.

I went back to sit down and he was just there face in hand and elbow against his desk waiting for me.
"All done," I said more to myself than to him.
"Actually no," he said looking at me.
"What?" I asked defensive now.
"You're wearing your t-shirt inside out," he said smiling. I failed to hide the shame on my face, God it was embarrassing. I don't know what I was thinking or why it happened, but next thing I did was grab the hem of my t-shirt and pulling it up to my head. Only to realise Tae was still on call with me.
"Oh my God!" I yelled realising the picture that Tae was seeing right then. I immediately tried to pull it back down but the hem got stuck on my wrist watch. I fought with the t-shirt and in so doing the chair tipped backward making me fall right down with it. My legs were in the air with me groaning in pain. And of all the days on planet earth, I had decided to wear a flared freaking skirt. Of course I looked ridiculous and I was infuriated.

I quickly got up hoping he had not seen much silently thanking God for wearing nice panties in place of my usual just chilling granny panties. But still, that was still embarrassing, I was giving this guy a very bad impression about myself. Now he had seen me in both my bra and my panties. Just great. I groaned standing on my feet tugging on the hem of my plain black t-shirt,
"Not cool t-shirt. Not cool!" I whisper yelled at it.

Tae on the other hand seeing me angry at my t-shirt, he knew I was not hurt. I looked at him expecting him to just end the call and never ever talk to me again. Not that I was bothered though but I wouldn't want him to think I was thirsty or bitchy or slutty. I face palmed myself.  I heard a deep chuckle from the screen, looking up to see him laughing his lungs out with his head hung back. His eyes were closed shut with two thin rivers of tears falling from them.

After about two minutes his laughter died down as he used the back of his hands to wipe the tears off his face.
"I thought I was clumsy. You are way worse," he said laughing a bit more.
"Hahaha, laugh it off!" I said sarcastically but couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips after that.
"Honestly, you're funny," he said breathlessly.
"I'm glad I could make you happy," I said with a hint of sarcasm too.
"Give me a minute, I'll fix my t-shirt,"
"I've seen what's underneath already," he said jokingly.
"Haha, you won't get lucky again," I said going to fix my t-shirt. By the time I sat back down, we had already lost twenty minutes of our daily hour. The rest of the lesson went pretty well, I'm sure if I was any lighter he could see me glow a bright shed of red.

After the lesson I downloaded a book by Harlan Coben, plugged in my headset and read my book for the rest of the day. At around 2pm, I unwillingly tore myself from my tablet. I took A shower, changed into black denim jeans, a pale blue tshirt and a black coat wrapping a scarf around my neck. I took my converse and slid into them, yes the ones Brian laughed at they were my favourites.

I locked my apartment and went to work. I hate night shifts. They make me temporarily hate my job.