Such a charmer

He smiled at me, "Thank you."
He took the suitcase from me, taking my hand in his other hand before walking me out of the crowded place. We got to his car and he put the suitcase in the trunk. One thing I'd noticed was that he was super tall, like really tall. When he had hugged me earlier, my head was a few inches below his chest. Wrapping my hands around him was not a cute gesture, it was because his waist was all I could reach.

He got into the driver's seat, started the ignition and drove out of the airport. He would look at me and just smile making me blush uncontrollably. Why was I feeling this way? Was I becoming soft? Just 4 months ago I'd warmed up to a total stranger and now he was my best friend. Now, I was warming up to another stranger and was not even scared.

"You're really pretty,"
"Me?" I asked.
"Yeah you, you are pretty. I like your hair," he said gesturing towards my hair with his head.
"I like yours too," he just nodded and smiled.
God please don't let this man hurt me. I'm completely vulnerable!
I stared out into the buildings floating by, my eyes became blurry without me noticing.
"Hey," he said placing a hand innocently on my knee. My whole body became numb, my eyes locked onto his hand resting on my knee. He noticed and quickly removed his hand.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry," I said smiling. I hoped he had not seen my tears. I blinked them away and internally scolded myself to please just chill.
Not every guy is like Wesley.
Those words played into my head and I loosened up a bit. He drove for almost an hour before pulling into a neat surbub. The houses were big and neat, I assumed that people who lived in that neighbourhood were pretty loaded. He pulled over in front of a big white house that looked super expensive. He got out of the car and I did the same. I stepped into the sidewalk with my handbag as he took my suitcase from the trunk. He led the way inside and knocked on the door.

The black haired guy from earlier opened the door and fist bumped Tae. Tae gave him a sign and he smiled sweetly before hugging me too. I was still a little tense but didn't flinch in case I'd seem weird. I heard noise from the inside, I thought it was just the tv. Kookie took my suitcase and walked inside, Tae grabbed my hand and led me inside. There were about five guys scattered in the living room talking about random stuff. When they saw me, they all stopped talking.

"Guys, this is Mel," Tae told them. They didn't seem surprised, matter of fact their faces flashed in recognition. I smiled sweetly at them.
"Hi guys," I said in my usual flat tone. Being surrounded by that much testosterone was freaking me out. They shook my hand introducing themselves starting with the tallest,
"I'm Namjoon," he smiled.
"I'm Jin," the guy in a pink tracksuit said.
"Suga," he smiled weakly.
"I'm Hobi," a bright smiled guy greeted me making me smile back. It was contagious.
"I'm Jimin," he smiled too taking my hand into his own hands.
Kookie took the suitcase to a room and Tae and I followed behind him. He told me that the resorts were fully booked at that moment so I was going to stay until they were less packed. Kookie excused us, he was literally beaming.

"Why is he so excited?" I asked after he had gone.
"Because he's not seen me with a girl in a really long time,"
"Oh sorry for whatever happened," I said.
"It's okay, it's just life,"
"Yeah I guess," I said flopping down onto the bed.
"She wasn't mine. Neither was the next. Or the next one," he said sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Consecutive heartbreaks, that must have been hard. I'm sorry you had to go through all that," I said placing my hand on top of his. I squeezed them a little.
"Girls. We can be a lot to handle. I know," I assured him.
"You don't seem the type,"
"Maybe," I smiled at him.
"I'm really happy you came,"
"I'm happy I came too. I'd like to take a shower, I'm exhausted,"
"Okay sure, bathroom is through that door. Towels in the cabinets under the basin. I'll come get you for dinner in a few minutes," he said going out.
I unpacked my clothes, placing them into the empty closet. I took A shower and wore white sweatpants. I went over to the closet looking for a particular white t-shirt to wear and I couldn't find it.
Just then there was a slight knock on the door and Tae let himself in. I turned covering my bra with my arms, he quickly looked away giving me his back.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't know you weren't done," while he was apologising, I took a blue t-shirt and wore it. I closed the doors before going to him. I tapped him lightly on the shoulder.
"Let's go," he turned and saw that I had put on something. He led me downstairs were everyone was already sitting for dinner. I say on the far end of the table next to Kookie and Hobi who both seemed extremely thrilled to have me there.
For the lack of knowledge on how to use chopsticks, I used a fork. Me not being naturally a foodie, didn't eat much. After dinner, the guys grabbed their stuff and said their goodbyes.
"Don't they live here?" I asked helping Tae place the plates into the dishwasher.
"Nope. It's just me and little brother. Those are my friends from back when I was in college," he explained.
"Oh okay, so Kookie is your little brother?"
"Yeah, I'm way cuter I know,"
"Actually he is, anywho you have similarities though,"
"Hyung, I told you I'm cuter," Kookie commented sitting on the kitchen counter.
"What does hyung mean?" I asked.
"It means big brother," Kookie explained. We chilled out in the living room for bit before retiring to bed. I was so exhausted that the moment I got into bed, warmth of the blankets kicking in, I dozed off.