The wedding

"Bring them here straight from the airport," I told my usual taxi driver parked in front of my apartment. He drove me wherever I wanted to go when Brian was not available. I gave him £100.

"Please be quick. The wedding is in the next hour and a half," I reminded him before he took off.
I cleaned my apartment leaving everything spotless. It wasn't big but I knew they wouldn't even mind. I was already dressed up in my plain navy blue dress. It had two thin strips, flaring from right under my boobs. A perfect fit for pregnant women especially the ones with a gigantic tummy like me. It revealed just a decent amount of my cleavage. It had crystals scattered all over the lower parts. I had to buy Brian gas for a whole week so he could allow me to wear blocks on his wedding. I had gotten my hair done, nails too. I went all out. It did feel good once in a while to be dressed like a real lady.

I made a simple breakfast of bacon and eggs, eating a bit. I was so nervous. Tae. He was going to murder me. The taxi driver called in thirty minutes time saying he was outside. I texted Kookie my room number.

Kookie: are you ready?
Me: yeah I guess I am
Kookie: it's gonna be okay
Me: see you in a minute

There was a faint knock on my door. I adjusted my dress, heaving up a sigh.
You got this Mel.
I sighed before going to the door. Soon as I opened the door, Kookie threw his arms around me crushing me in a hug.
"Careful," I said.
"Oops. Forgot," he whispered stepping inside. He had on a tight fitting black tux. I smiled disapprovingly, despite looking really good, it was the wrong colour.
"Is that blue?"
"Navy blue? Black? Same to me," he said making his way to my couch.

Tae appeared on the doorway with his big boxy smile. I felt my body weaken. The smile slowly faded as he noticed my tummy. Betrayal  darkened in his eyes. He was wearing a navy blue three piece suit. Gold cufflinks, a pair of black shoes. He looked amazing with his bronze hair slightly pulled backwards.
I stepped aside letting him in, clearly he wasn't going to hug me. He stepped inside and I closed the door.
"Who is responsible?" He spoke after about three minutes of complete silence.
"You," I said in an audible whisper.
"And you didn't think me knowing was important?" He wasn't even shouting yet I still felt uncontrollably guilty.
"I didn't know how," I told him honestly.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"She was on the pill. When she had antibiotics after that cut, it affected the pill somehow," Kookie said casually leaning on my kitchen counter attacking my bacon and eggs.
"What? Kookie, you knew?!" Tae raised his voice startling me. I stood where I was in my sorry state. Kookie had stopped eating, staring at his hyung with wide eyes(Jungshook). He didn't mean to say much but got distracted.
"Hyung, I...,"
"How could you? I trusted you!" He yelled at his brother.
"Hyung I wanted to tell you,"
"Why didn't you?!"
"It wasn't my story to tell okay?"
"I can't believe this! How far along are you?"
"6 months," I replied flatly.
"You kept my pregnancy a secret. From me?!" He glared into my face seething. I pulled back into myself scared.
"Hyung I know she made a mistake but don't yell. She's pregnant for crying out loud," Kookie said.
"Don't you dare tell me how to react Kookie! You knew about this but didn't tell me! Both of you betrayed my trust!" I'd never seen Tae that mad.
"I'm sorry Tae, I was afraid of rejection," I told him.
"Rejection? You think I'm like that idiot Wesley who doesn't know how to take responsibility for his actions? We had unprotected sex, you were bound to get pregnant at some point. Matter of fact, I was hoping you do!"
"I never said you were like Wesley," I retorted.
"Indirectly yes. You think since you've been hurt, every man is like that. I am not like him! You should learn to trust me!" I just silently cried. As much as that hurt, it was the truth. I had compared him to a monster.
"Hyung that's enough!" Kookie raised his voice too. Great just great. A yelling spree.
"I know she did something bad. I did too. But you can't say such! You're unnecessarily opening up wounds, she said she's sorry!" Tae just kept quiet walking to and fro with his hands ruffling his hair.
"I'm sorry," I whispered again.
"Kookie knew and I didn't. Guess I am not that important. If I hurt you in any way, you should have told me. Keeping in the dark was a bad idea. Maybe the real father of the baby was supposed to know," he said breaking my heart into pieces.
"Hyung, I've never done anything with Mel. She is not that kind of girl, I know you've had a rough past but Mel isn't one of those girls. What you're saying right now is unfair," Kookie said.
"It's fair. If I was the father of that baby, I'd have been told,"
"Do not disrespect me like that hyung. I'd take anything from you but not false accusations. And right now you're acting just like Wesley!" Kookie retorted.
"How could you think so low of me?" I squeaked.
"I don't know what to think anymore! Okay!" he said walking out the door.

Kookie embraced me tightly after Tae left.
"Don't cry, it's not good for the baby. You know that," he told me.
"I've lost him. I should have told him Kookie. I'm so sorry for ruining your relationship with him," I apologised sincerely.
"He's my brother, where do you think he's gonna go? He'll come around, let's go for that wedding shall we?" He said taking my hand as we walked out.

I had spent so much time running about preparing a perfect wedding for my friend. So instead of wallowing in my apparent misery, I forgot about it. I was going to enjoy the wedding just every normal person. I could cry my eyeballs out later.