Meeting him

After Tae's call last night, I couldn't sleep a wink. I kept turning and tossing in my bed. I sent Brian multiple sos messages and called him. He said he was on a dinner date with Shelly, his girlfriend. I didn't want to impose so I let them be. I couldn't sleep, I woke up, tried to read unknowingly grabbing a bible and placing it under my pillow. Laugh it up. Go on.

I woke up to someone literally banging their fists on my door. They wanted to break down my door. I mumbled angrily to myself going to check who it was. I opened the door to a beaming Brian.
"I honestly need your help," I said letting him in and leading the way to my couch, my baggy pyjamas trailing behind me. We sat down on the couch and soon as we did, I explained yesterday's events to him. His beam seemed to brighten and I just sat there eyeing him suspiciously.
"This is good news Mel," he beamed 
"Are you crazy? I dont even know this guy," I argued.
"So?"
"Brian are you usually this slow? You forgot what happened to me?"
"When?" He asked.
"Six years ago," I told him.
"Exactly Mel, six years ago. It's all in the past now. You're bigger, better, wiser and most importantly  stronger. You've conquered something that was meant to destroy. And you did all that by yourself," he said placing a hand on my thigh. I flinched and he removed his hand with an apologetic look.

"But, what if it happens again? I blame myself enough already. I can't handle more pain. I've been through enough,"
"I come here all the time Mel, I've not as much as touched you inappropriately until a few seconds ago, sorry got distracted. Anywho, point is, I could have taken advantage of you. I could have done horrible stuff to your fragile body but I didn't. Cause I'm not like Wesley. Not every guy out there is like Wesley."
"I'm just paranoid,"
"I understand and you've all the rights in the world to be. But please, you need to give life a chance again. You can't be afraid of men forever. This man is trying to get to know you, give him a chance," I just looked at him tears welling up in my eyes. If he was right then I'd probably move on and not feel like this anymore. But if he was wrong, I wasn't going to survive it. He just hugged me and I cried a little onto his chest.
"Give it a try. I'll keep my phone on all the time. If anything, I mean anything at all goes wrong send me an SOS. I'll be there in a snap and kill that man," he smiled into my forehead.

"Alright then little lady, you better start packing, you've a flight to catch," he laid back on the couch while I went into my bedroom to start packing. I packed all of my sweat pants, baggy jeans and I packed a few dresses. I hardly wore dresses, I avoided revealing any part of myself by any means possible. Maybe I'd keep myself safe by not provoking men.
But Wesley still did that to you even though you had sweatpants on.
The little voice in my head spoke and I smiled sadly in realisation. I finished packing all the stuff I'd need into my biggest black suitcase. I packed a few books into a handbag and was satisfied I'd packed everything.

I took a shower and then changed into a grey baggy tracksuit, a pair of white sneakers and tied my hair into a neat bun. Since I was anti-make up, my look was complete. I emerged from the bedroom and Brian gave me a strange look.
"You're going to meet potential Mr. Right wearing that?"
"Yes. What's wrong with this?"
"Nothing, a dress could have been really nice. Tease him,"
"Men," I walked past him with my handbag. He followed behind me dragging my suitcase along.
"Geez little lady, are you eloping?"
"Yes I'm leaving your annoying ass," I called out to him and he heaved up the suitcase into the trunk.
"You know you love me," I nodded to myself agreeing internally. He was the only one I trusted. He had pure intentions and was blunt. He drove me to London City Airport telling me stupid pick up lines. He dropped me off and I went to the reception to confirm my flight. In another hour and a half, I was seated in my plane sit, a huge volume novel in my hand and headphones plugged into my phone. I read for about 2 hours and then felt myself drift to sleep.

Attention all passengers! We will be landing shortly. Please fasten your seatbelts.

I opened my eyes and rubbed them softly. For how long was I asleep? We landed smoothly onto Incheon International Airport. The place was bigggggg. It was a vast airport filled with incoming and outgoing flights. We were ushered inside where I dragged my suitcase tightly beside me, my handbag in the other hand.
I looked around and first thing I saw was my name scribbled on a white placard: Melanie Reed. I looked up from the placard to the person holding it. There he was with a serious face, the afro was gone being replaced by bronze coloured hair pushed back a little revealing his hairline. As if hearing my thoughts, he raised his hand and scratched his forehead lightly. He was wearing blue ripped jeans, a plain black t-shirt and black sneakers.

My heart started beating in my chest wildly as I made my way towards him. He noticed me coming and a smile broke across his face. He stepped forward enveloping me in a hug. My body froze, I mentally punched myself. This was not the time to be acting all paranoid. I forced my hands to wrap around his waist. His cologne filled my nostrils and he held me for longer.

"I didn't think you'd come,"
"Well, surprise," I smiled along.