Cleansing

So...hi? Been a while hasn't it?...ha...haha...well, something came up. That something got me really depressed and well...I've been kinda resentful because of it. But hell, I set out to write and finish a story and dammit I'm doing it.

Thanks for waiting.

As for a sequel, I don't really know what to do for it. Heartless Proxy took months of planning and rewriting to make sure that it was an original story that would make me happy and I wasn't really planning on writing a sequel in the first place. If I end up writing one it'll end up unoriginal and crappy and I really don't want that.

I actually have another story I'm starting to prepare for but I'm still in the process of finalizing the idea. It won't be a reader insert so I hope you won't mind.

If you're curious what the title of the new story I'm trying to finalize is, it's called 'The Doll Project'. Try to figure out what's gonna happen in that one.

Disclaimer: I only own this story and Heartless. All other characters belong to their respective owners.

Anyway, I'm done talking here.

The next one is just gonna be an extra little fun chapter so...this is it.

Enjoy the last chapter of Heartless Proxy.

Buckle up, this is gonna be a long one.

~~~~~~~

Chapter 20: Cleansing

Hoodie's P.O.V

I don't know how long it's been. It felt like eternity but I know that it's only been a few seconds. I held onto (Y/N)'s lifeless body still not believing that she had sacrificed herself to buy us time. I won't forget how desperate she was. How pained she was. But I know she's in there. She wasn't gone forever. She was still with us.

I hugged her closer to my body as the tears escaped my eyes.

I'm so sorry I hadn't noticed sooner (Y/N).

"I promise, I'm going to save you. I'll get rid of this corruption for you. And after you're all better, I'll finally man up and tell you how I really feel. So please...come back to me safe."

I heard groans of pain behind me and I knew that Masky and Toby had finally revived. I turned around to see them slowly approaching me with sadness and pity in their movements. Toby was looking down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with me.

"U-um...i-is....is she...d-dead?"

I shook my head. No. She wasn't dead. At least fully. I hate to admit it, but a proxy was the perfect host for something as destructive as the Corruption.

"No Toby. She's not. She's still a proxy despite all this. She can't die unless her master does or her contract's...annihilated. Either way...she'll die. I can't have that Toby. I can't have her die on me. I just can't."

I put my head down as the grief started overwhelming me. Out of frustration, I tore my mask off to reveal my tear-stained face as I cradled the cold body close to my body, hoping for some miracle to happen where she would come back to me. I know it was too much to hope for but I was desperate.

A hand was placed on my shoulder to try and comfort me and I immediately knew that it was Masky's. I looked up to see that he had taken his mask off as well and was staring at me with genuine sadness in his eyes.

"Hoodie...did...did you...?"

He gestured to her body and I shook my head harshly.

"No. She did this herself."