Control

Sorry for the wait.  Horrible things happened this week that have affected me personally.  A close friend of mine was admitted to the hospital for reasons I will not specify.  Because of this I couldn’t continue writing in a joking way like usual.  I’ve decided to take this chapter seriously.

It’s short, I apologize in advance.  I needed to get my thoughts together because there hasn’t been much progress at all.

Thank you for waiting.

~~~~~~~

Chapter 15: Control

The group of ladies emerged from the abandoned pizzeria and entered the dark forest.  It was approaching dusk with the skies above dusting into a dark, orange glow.  Heartless lagged behind the rest.  She still didn’t trust them, and the pain in her chest still thumped wildly, spreading.

Your P.O.V

Something’s wrong.

It shouldn’t still be hurting.

It should have stopped long ago.  I think…this is…this is lasting longer than I’ve ever experienced before.  I looked ahead of me to the group of girls walking forward.  They were acting so casually.  Chatting.  Giggling.  Acting like everything was normal. 

Were they the reason?

Of course.  That’s the only plausible reason.  The exposure to others is what’s causing this rapid spread.  They’re the reason.  I wanted to isolate myself, but they dragged me with them.  They’re exposing me to their poison.  I need to stay sane.  I can’t do this.  I need to get away from them.  I need to lose them.  They were my enemies.

I need to get rid of them.

I need to stay sane.

I….I….ack!  It hurts!  It hurts so bad!  

M-master!  What do I do?  What do I do!?  Tell me please.  I…need your help! 

I need…your help…

I need….to kill them.

I need to kill them.

No…

I need to kill them.

No!

I WILL kill them…

Stop it!

Listen my dear.

P-please…

Kill them now.

I mustn’t!

It ends with them.

It does…?

Kill them.

Kill them all!

Of course.  It was so simple.  They were the cause of this.  I was stressing so much to restrain myself when I could’ve just handled this myself! 

I don’t need my master. 

I don’t need anyone!

I just need to kill them myself! 

It was easy!

The answer was so easy!

Normal P.O.V

The wind howled harshly against the girls’ sides.  They continued on without a single concern not realizing a danger was waiting behind them.

Heartless stared at the group, her eyes slowly turning a blood red to match her bloodlust, a sinister smile hiding behind her pale mask.  The wind pushed against her hard but she remained upright, drunkenly walking towards the group in choppy movements.  She was breathing heavily, muttering to herself.    She was shaking uncontrollably.  A small giggle left her lips as she picked up a large rock from the ground.  She didn’t have her daggers on her so it would have to do.  She scanned her prey and found ANN to be the closest in her range, and the farthest away from the regular group.

Your P.O.V

It was all a lie.  I should’ve known it from the start.  ANN didn’t care for me.  Who would?  No one cares for trash.  She was just faking it.  Of course.   She wouldn’t care about me.  Not even my own master cared about me!  I’m just a dog.  Waste picked up from the streets.  She’s probably keeping an eye on me for the Observer.  That’s it!  That’s all there is!  I don’t need more lies.  I’ve had enough of them.

I can hear it.  

I can hear it beating ANN!  

Your heart which was pierced, I can still hear it.  

It’s there.  

I can’t stand it.  

I raised my arm, adrenaline rushing through my systems.

Can’t your heart just stop beating alread-”

“Good evening Ms.  Heartless.  Your hands are especially cold today, aren’t they?”

ACK.  This ringing! 

Make it stop!

MAKE IT STOP!

I turned around but only saw black and the glare of lenses before I lost consciousness.