Father

Okay, maybe it wasn't quite the end yet.

This is just a little extra chapter to give me a little laugh.  Hopefully it does for you too.So lemme just put some subtle advertising here to mention that I've made a little book, I guess, called Author's Updates where I basically mention little things about what I'm doing, what I'm planning to do, or why I'm not doing what I was supposed to do.

Oh, a friend of mine told me that I should probably tie up some loose ends/unfinished business that I wrote about.  But, I don't really know if I left some things unfinished.  If you spot something I'll happily write bonus content explaining what happened.  So if you spot some, bring it to my attention.  PM is faster since my phone likes to glitch when I check my notifications.  So yeah.

This is really dialogue heavy, something I don't really like doing.

Quick question, would anyone like a Q&A sort of thing with Heartless Proxy to clear up some things you might not get?  Just a question.

Enough of me talking now.

~~~~~~~

Chapter 21: Father

Third Person P.O.V

So what exactly happened with Eyeless Jack?

It was actually not as bad as you might imagine.

Here's what happened.

After delivering the heart to Hoodie for Heartless to eat when she awoke after being attacked by the Observer, he spent the entire night trying find more victims so that he could find more sustenance for his proxy.  As her master it was his duty to protect her after all.  He promised her that he would always be there to protect her.  He promised her that he would never leave her or hurt her like her parents had.  He had grown attached to her, his only proxy.  He felt the need to be kind of like a father figure for her.  Although, he had to admit, he wasn't really that much older than her, only being 26 and all.  But he felt like he had a good relationship with her.  Nothing creepy or romantic or anything like that.

He'd kill anyone who hurt her and wanted to make sure that she was always at her best.  He was a patient man who gave her everything she ever needed, not that she asked for much in the first place.

However, he wasn't a very patient man when he was suddenly attacked while working and found himself being roughly put into quarantine, which happened to be an isolation chamber for the more rambunctious residents of the mansion.

He was absolutely livid!

He didn't even care when Slenderman came to see him.  All he wanted to do was get to [Y/N] and take her as far away from the mansion as possible.

"Why am I in here Slenderman?"

"Apologies Eyeless Jack, but it has come to my attention that your proxy has been inflicted with C-"

"Don't even say it, I already know."

"Then why have you not contacted us about the matter?"

"And what?  Have made things worse?  She was doing just fine without any of the others affecting her and I was already trying to find a way to get rid of it."

"Eyeless Jack, that was a very ill-advised move."

"Yeah yeah reckless I know.  But what could I have done?  The others would've killed her on sight!"

"There is no-"

"You know it as well as I do Slenderman.  I did what I had to do as her master to keep her safe."