Him

(It’s hard to write a serious story when your friend is imitating ghost sounds to his dog in the background claiming he is a ghost dog at four in the morning.)

Yeah, I’ve decided to keep this a Hoodie x Reader story

Comment what you think and if there’s something you’d like to see.

Warning : This time there’s cursing.

~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Him

The memory of the day I became Eyeless Jack’s proxy flashed into my mind again.  It always brought a smile to my face, no matter how twisted the circumstance.  It made my days bearable knowing that I was living happily because my master saved me.

It’s been two years since I’ve had my first kill.  Since then, he took me in as his new proxy and started training me in his ways.  Of course with my preference in food I couldn’t just get away with keeping my victims alive, so my meals were limited only to when my master felt the need to kill his victims rather than just stitch them back up.  I didn’t mind.  I was willing to wait as long as it satisfies my master.

I would do anything for my master.  He saved the life that I’ve dedicated to him.  That was why I strived to be perfect.  Perfect so that my master didn’t have to worry.  I promised never to make him angry.  Never to make him sad.  Vowed to always make him happy.

As his proxy I took care of the cover ups so that he wouldn’t get caught up with law enforcement.  Even if he did, I would’ve taken care of it before it got problematic.  I took care of witnesses.  I loved them since it gave me an opportunity to eat.  I’d research his new victims to make sure the kidney’s he would get were in perfect health.  I’d help him stalk his victims, and helped in deciding whether or not they deserved to live for a while longer.  Sometimes I stalked victims on my own so that he didn’t have to worry about waiting.  I never killed without my master’s permission though he did allow me to kill should my safety be threatened.  My master cared for me after all.  I was his first proxy.  He taught me how to fight, how to hunt, how to survive.  He taught me everything I needed to know.

The ding of a cash register brought me back from my thoughts to what I was originally doing.

Oh that’s right.  Currently I was working part-time at a local bakery a short walk from where he and I lived.  The job was a convenient way for me to decide on new victims from the locals of the town.  This job was also a way for me to support ourselves financially because we still needed to buy regular food when our favorites were scarce as well as some basic necessities.  Master said he’d rather avoid tons of suspicion.  That, and it really wasn’t worth it to kill someone just because we’ve run out of toilet paper.

Personally, I hated this job.  The bakery was family run so it was incredibly tight knit.  The only reason I even managed to get the job was cause the owner was a perverted old bastard who had the hots for me.  It was disgusting.  At least he didn’t show up at the actual bakery that often, my master gave him a friendly visit and ‘regretfully’ informed me that he would have to stay at the hospital for a while because of kidney problems.  I was incredibly happy to hear that.  My master always took care of me well.