1: Trainee

It was early in the morning and I just found myself staring at a wall, I feel tired. Waking up at 4 a.m and practicing till 7 a.m until the room's mirrors turned foggy from the sweat was unanticipated, intendedly it was just supposed to be a warm-up— but damn I lost myself again.

I wanna go back to my dorm and sleep, well I could do that but we have this monthly evaluation today this 7:30 a.m. Thirty minutes more and we're done, finally! Hunger is actually filling me up right now but, I can hold it... hopefully.

"Y/N! Earth to Y/N!" someone suddenly snapped their fingers in front of me.

I turned my head to look at the person, it was Shin Jiyoon— my roommate and training buddy, we're basically best friends ever since the day we met. I'm actually glad that I met her since she could easily cope up with my weirdness, also my guardian... she sometimes suppresses me from my unethical antics.

"Jiyoon, what's up?"

Jiyoon chuckled, punching my arm playfully. "You should really refrain from staring into nothingness, the other trainees couldn't help but stare at you too."

"Ah... did I look insane?"

"Pfft, of course not! People are staring because you're good-looking stupid."

"Jiyoon I look like a sardine," I smiled at her sarcastically.

Jiyoon began to squish my cheeks, then turning my head around to face the mirrors. The girl laid her chin on my shoulder, now squishing my cheeks in a circle-like motion.

"Look at yourself Y/N, your wolf-like eyes can literally pierce anyone and impregnate them."

"Jiyoon what the fu-"

Before I could finish my words, Jiyoon covered my mouth. "Oop oop oop! Cursing is bad in public too, well when we debut." she shook her head. "Anyways! What I'm saying is that you're a visual! An all-rounder while at it too, PlayM be lucky to have you." she distanced herself.

I softly slapped both of the girl's hands before getting them off my cheeks, "Right right... thanks for boosting my self-esteem? I guess..."

Jiyoon pursed her lips, "Cheer up Y/N!" she pats my shoulder. "Make your parents regret their decisions, turn to you, and look back at their mistakes! Remember that I'm always beside in that journey of yours~" she gave me a thumbs-up, smiling.

I stared at my best friend for a prolonged time before letting out a smile, I'm really lucky to have this person beside me all the time. Though I feel a bit sorry for her, she takes always takes care of me... well not all the time, just as when I really need it— I just turned eighteen, I need to make mature decisions now.

I sighed, "Thanks bud."

"Don't mention it! We've been together for a year now, so it's only natural!"

While we continue to have random conversations, several footsteps were beginning to gradually get louder and louder inside the practice room. Because of my curiosity, I glanced at the open door only to see a group of trainees and the person who I admired the most.

Jiyoon nudged my arm, "Crush incoming~"

"Shut up," I grabbed my tumbler to drink water.

Jiyoon waved at the group of friends with a bright smile, and they waved back. Me on the other hand... to avoid getting flustered, I took out my phone as if pretending to chat with someone.

Jiyoon gave me a smirk before turning her head to face the group of friends, "Aren't you guys a bit late today?"

Soojin ruffled Jaehee's hair, "She slept in late."