32 : My Idol Girlfriend

There are times when we're living in happiness where, suddenly, it's going to go down the drain for no absolute reason.

Like mood swings.

You're happy, then you suddenly feel like crying. And that's kind of the case where I'm currently in.

I was called by my sister, crying behind the phone. I didn't know what was going on nor what to do, and I was in the middle of a date with my girlfriend. So, yeah, I didn't want to go.

But did I have any other choice? Obviously, no.

My sister and I are both idols, and I know how hard that could be. We either have our members, family, or ourselves as comfort. However, family? It's rare for her to reach out like this since the members were the closest.

So, I went. I went to her and canceled my date with Jihyo. Of course, I'm sad. But I'm even sadder if I were to find out that something really bad happened to Hyeju unnie.

Then, when I got there, to her apartment. I saw my sister and she was silently sitting on the couch with a few sniffs left and right. She's crying.

That's not a good sign.

As I slowly approached her and saw her visage, I stopped for a second, and worried immediately appeared on my face. Eye bags, messy hair, and a bandage wrapped around her wrist.

Just... What the hell happened?

This occurrence, was all too familiar to me— because I've already experienced it back when I was feeling down in the dumps.

I'm really glad that I got here in time just before she do hurt herself.

And when I sat beside her, I asked her what happened. Unnie then explained that she's been having a lot of anxiety attacks the past few days and couldn't work properly.

"Why...?"

Hyeju covered her face, looking ashamed. "Promise not to tell?"

I nodded my head and she took a deep breath.

"I like one of our members... and I hate seeing her get too friendly with a particular staff. It goes on almost every day, and I feel like wanting to rip something off. I don't know what's going on, and I'm confused."

Hyeju paused as she unveiled her face, smiling at herself mockingly.

"I've always been the strong one in the group, but for me to falter like this— Childish, isn't it? Then I'm starting to get anxious about everything around me, and I can't. Fucking. Work. And being the middle child? Don't even get me started. I tried reaching out to dad but he doesn't give a fuck."

"Unnie... Who even gives a fuck about him?"

Hyeju snickered, "I was the closest to him back when we were kids, alright?"

I just sighed and all I could do was pull her in for a tight comforting hug. Unnie reciprocated this and released a huge breath that seemed like she's been holding for good seconds.

While patting her back softly, I tried my all to make her feel better by talking about my similar experiences. I fell in love with Jihyo and ended up being in the same group as her.

It was a blessing, but also a curse.

There were a lot of times I wanted to hide it and keep it to myself. It was enough for me to admire her secretly and cherish every little moment I spend with her.

But thanks to a few hesitations and encouragement from a particular member, specifically, Jiyoon. Things unexpectedly went well.

There were a ton of hard moments, that gave me anxiety, and sometimes feel depressed. I'm not sure how it all came to this, either Jihyo was just a genuinely nice person or she was just really interested in me.