26: Be There

~

Standing upon a huge familiar door, I felt my knees trembling chaotically. The nervousness was enough for me to breathe abnormally as well as a hint of anxiety, gradually filling my thoughts.

Fortunately, my girlfriend was beside me to calm my overthinking self.

She gave my shoulder a soft squeeze, "It's alright Y/N, I'm sure they missed you as much as you missed them. Don't be afraid okie? If anything goes wrong, I'm here."

Nodding my head, I took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell beside the huge door.

Waiting for a few seconds, the door eventually opened, revealing a figure I've never seen in a very long time. This figure rubbed her eyes in disbelief, then nonchalantly poked my cheeks a few times.

"Holy-" she quickly covered her mouth.

When she averted her gaze to look at Jihyo, she released a huge gasp and yelled;

"AM I DREAMING?!"

The yell attracted attention inside the residence, thus causing another figure to appear. This time, the figure looked groggy and I couldn't help but let out a wide smile.

I missed seeing them.

While the other figure approached us to take a clear look, she immediately noticed my presence and gazed at me for a prolonged time before abruptly embracing me.

"Our baby!" she began to pat my back with medium force, I could tell she's mad.

It was comprehensible, it's probably because I haven't been contacting them for a long time. Moreover, I felt my worries disappearing as she continued to pat my back though gradually getting stronger.

"Ow! Ow!" I tried to escape, but no budge. "Ma! That's starting to hurt- Ow!"

With one last pat, she pulled away and gave me this terrifying glare. I smiled sternly, hiding the fact that I'm scared of this woman in front of me.

"I understand that you've been busy and all but... Isn't it a bit too much on not contacting us?!" she punched my shoulder.

I winced at the pain silently, "Right, I deserve that."

The person who punched me just now is Kang Seulgi and the woman beside her is Bae Juhyun, I prefer to call her Irene since when I was still young she insisted that I call her "Mama Irene".

Right now? Well, I don't know if I can call her that anymore without cringing.

A lot of things changed after all, but I guess not all of it— cause those warm smiles of theirs still comfort me, I'm glad that they still remembered me.