006 | PRINCESA

"You don't know who is important to you until you actually lose them."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

"~ Mahatma Gandhi

Chapter Six

Twins?

How the hell was she supposed to raise twins all alone?

Davina thought she could possibly raise one baby on her own and would only seek help when she needed it but now there were two babies that she had to think of meaning double the amount of stress she'll be feeling when she starts screwing up and becoming a horrible mother.

God, maybe she should look into adoption, maybe then her babies could grow up and live a life that wasn't fucked up and they could have two parents rather than just one. At least they could have a better childhood than what Davina could offer.

"Davina, are you okay? You haven't said anything since we left the doctors appointment." Maria said concern written all over her face as she placed a hand on Davina's shoulder.

Davina doesn't say anything and just continues on staring straight ahead. What was she supposed to say? That she was excited and thrilled? She just found out she was going to be raising two kids alone after she just barely came to terms on raising one when she only thought there was one but add another one to the mix and now she's even more scared than what she was when she found out about the first one.

"Is it about the twins? You know you won't have to go through this alone, you have me, Alice, and even your parents." Maria reassured squeezing her shoulder but Davina doesn't budge as she continues staring blankly at the sky.

The two were currently sitting out on Maria's patio watching as her younger siblings all ran around the backyard playing some weird game about aliens and cowboys.

After the doctors appointment Alice had to go meet up with her parents and talk about what they were going to do for their annual family reunion they had and Davina didn't feel like being alone or going home afraid that she would drive herself mad so she decided to help Maria keep an eye on her siblings while her parents went to pick up her cousin who was moving here from Spain but if Davina was being honest it wasn't helping her keep her mind off things because as soon as Davina looked at Maria's twelve-year-old twin brothers she broke down crying and hasn't left the lawn chair since.

"What if I'm not a good mother to them?" Davina finally spoke after what seemed like forever, a frown settled on her face.

Maria gave her a sad look. "Oh honey, you're going to be an amazing mother to them. You are the most kindhearted and beautiful person I have ever met Davina those babies are lucky to have you as a mother."