019 | MOVEMENTS

"Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul."

~ Rebecca West

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Two weeks later

Davina bit into her sandwich, watching Stefan and Porter help drag in the couch from outside into Davina's townhouse that she and Maria were officially moving into a sense of relief coursing through her veins as everything was slowly being brought inside.

The two weeks after her appointment and her last visit to New York City went by in a blue that Davina didn't have time to process everything from the multiple congratulations from her parents to the multiple name suggestions— all names that she highly doubted she would name her kids but she thanked them for the suggestion anyway.

"Where do you want us to put the love seat?" Porter asked once they had set the couch down where she had asked.

Davina looked over towards her living room area, the couch was across the tv and in front of the coffee table like she had asked, there was room for it alongside the left side of the room along the wall, but she wanted to use the space for the twins swings when they arrived later that week.

She bit her lip not really sure if she even had room for the furniture and sighed. She didn't want to have to depart with it but at the same time her couch was an 'L' shaped one and she didn't really need the loveseat as it was, it left her with enough space to have whatever she needed to have in the living room for the twins.

"We'll take it to storage, for now just take it out and get everything else out of the truck." Davina said grabbing her lemonade from beside her swishing it around to stir everything inside before she took a sip.

Porter nodded his head walking out of the house to tell the others.

Davina was taking a small food break needing to eat a peanut butter sandwich before she went upstairs to resume helping
the girls with the twins nursery.

She wasn't quite sure if she had wanted a theme or not for the nursery or if she was just going to put the essential items that they would need it and call it good, but she was going to put everything that she had already bought for them in there so she didn't, which wasn't much just a very comfortable white rocking chair for Davina, or Maria — she made it very clear she was going to help out the best she could at night, to use when they got up to feed them or just to use in general when in the room.

Davina finished her sandwich and made her way back upstairs. She could already hear Alice and Maria already arguing about something but she couldn't quite make it out what it was exactly they were fighting about.