029| DOESN'T SURPRISE ME

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

~Bernard M. Baruch

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"How's Stefan doing?" Davina asked Maria a couple days after her small but brief conversation with Elio.

Maria shrugged her shoulders folding and putting away one of her shirts into her suitcase. "I talked to him the other day, he said he's fine. He's excited to see you at the shower." She smiled.

Davina smiled, despite what had happened between Stefan and her when they had gone to New York she really did enjoy having him around and apart of her life and she wasn't saying that because he was Maria's cousin, that just happened to be a plus.

"I'm excited to see him too, are you almost finished packing?" She asked rubbing her stomach with her hands watching as Maria folded another shirt and put it in her suitcase.

Maria nodded her head in response too busy concentrating on her clothes to vocally respond. It was a couple days before they left for Florida for her baby shower and they were currently trying to get everything packed and ready before they left Wednesday and Davina knew that Maria had put it to the side until the last minute like she always did but she wasn't going to say anything.

"I just have to pack pajamas and then I'm finished. Are we still meeting Amelia?" Maria asked once she had put her last shirt in her suitcase, her hair frizzy and falling out from her ponytail.

Davina nodded her head smiling when she felt one of the twins kick. "Yep, I think she said at the Chick-fil-A but I can't remember."

Maria raised an eyebrow at Davina in question, a smirk lifting the corner of her lips as she turned around to grab some pajamas from her dresser.

"Are you sure she said Chick-fil-A and it's not you craving Chick-fil-A again?"

Davina rolled her eyes shaking her head. Just because Chick-fil-A was currently one of her pregnancy cravings at the moment didn't mean that it plagued her mind.

"No, I think she said she wanted to get something to eat before we shopped."

Maria nodded her head and continued on packing. Davina hadn't told Maria yet that she was going to meet up with Elio while they were in Florida. She knew that she would just get an earful from her and that was apart of the reason why she didn't want to tell her.

Maria hated Elio and even though Davina has stated that she was done with him and she wasn't going to give him another chance it's what Maria will think even if that wasn't the case.