015 | PROMISES

"I believe nothing happens by mistake. You know, the universe has a divine plan. That sounds dramatic."

~ Lana Del Rey

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Elio hated himself but that wasn't new.

For the past couple of days since Petra had confirmed that she knew about Davina's — minus the fact that she didn't know it was Elio's child, she had been watching him like a hawk, monitoring his every move afraid that he might run out on her.

Petra had attended almost every meeting he had the last couple of days since she dropped her bombshell following him around like a lost puppy, it was annoying Elio and it was getting harder for him to keep his annoyance at bay.

"Elio when the baby comes you can't be spending your time in this office as much." Petra claimed from the chair next to him, a new rocking chair to be exact.

Petra had willingly bought a rocking chair for Elio's office in city for her to sit in when she came to keep him company on his long work days and for after when the baby comes so that she had a place to rock the baby while they kept him company.

The idea was nice but if Elio was being honest he'd rather it be somebody else than Petra sitting next to him but he wasn't going to voice his opinions it wasn't going to do him any good, not in this situation anyway.

"I can't control my work schedule Petra,"

"If you care about this child Elio you will."

And he did. He cared about that child more than anything or anyone in his life at the moment and they weren't even born yet, if it wasn't for the fact that the baby will need their mother and for the contract Elio would more than anything like to raise the child on his own and turn over a new leaf for his child but he didn't want to do that when Petra was in the picture, she's already tried controlling him when it came to the baby and the baby wasn't even born yet, they had a couple more months to go.

"When is our next appointment Petra? You'll be finding out the sex soon and I'd like to be there." Elio said instead not wanting to fight with her because that's all they ever seem to do.

"What? Why? You haven't wanted to until just recently." Petra scoffed crossing her arms over her chest allowing the weight of her arms to fall and rest on her pregnancy bump.

Elio looked up from his document he was overlooking his eyes zeroing in on his wife who had a very challenging look on her face trying to get some sort of reaction out Elio and whether she was doing it on purpose or not it definitely was getting a reaction out of him but not the best one.