009 | ANYMORE

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

~ Rita Mae Brown

Chapter Nine

Elio sat at his desk in his office downtown his head held in his hands as he tried to not stress over the amount of paper work that was piled up on his desk. It's been nearly a month since he had last seen Davina and almost a month and half since he found out about her pregnancy and he would be lying if he said he didn't feel guilt.

He cares for Davina still and wanted to keep her in his life still but if Petra found out that he had an affair their whole marriage and ended up getting his mistress pregnant she would make sure that his life was a living hell, plus now that Petra was pregnant with their first child he couldn't ruin their image in the media, he would definitely lose business deals and his family's company would plummet to the ground all because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Elio didn't want to be married to Petra and even now he still had his moments when he wished he wasn't married to her but there wasn't anything he could do about the marriage he's tried almost everything thing he could think of before and after he was married to Petra but there was no way out of the business deal that his father and Petra's father created when they merged their companies not even in a divorce.

He admits continuing his relationship with Davina was incredibly wrong of him but he was in love with the girl and didn't want to end things just because his father decided that he wanted to merge companies with some Russian family.

He loves Davina and would never in a million years hurt her yet he suddenly has.

Not only with the marriage and with affair, but by also degrading her and telling her that she wasn't going to get an ounce of support from him with their child.

Does Elio regret his decision?

Yes and no.

Yes, because he misses the opportunity of raising his child with the woman he's in love with and no, because he's giving his child the chance to live a live without a shitty excuse of a father and Davina gets the chance to find a man who will be able to shout his love for her to the public and not keep her hidden.

Davina and their child deserve happiness and that's something that he can't give them.

"Sir, your wife is coming upstairs should I tell her that you're in a meeting?" Sarah, Elio's secretary says speaking over the phone.

"No, it's fine just send her in."

Elio runs his hands through his hair not caring if he messed it up and put the files back in his drawer so Petra didn't see them and yell at him for being lazy.