017 | THE TRUTH

"If you don't fight with your best friend that friendship is not real."

~ Unknown

Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Petra was laughing when she entered their home oblivious to Elio who was fuming with anger at the mere sound of her.

Elio didn't say anything he wanted her to see him and see the anger that he had for her, he didn't want to give it away before she could really see the anger. He wanted to see the fear that would work it's way onto her face when she catches him in the kitchen waiting for her.

She had fifteen minutes to explain and if he felt like she was lying about anything during her explanation— well, he wasn't sure what he was going to do he'd have to figure it out when that comes. He has to think it through and think logically, he was dealing with the mother of his child after all and he wouldn't wish any harm onto her no matter the circumstances.

Petra's heels echoed throughout the house with each step she took, each one closer to the kitchen just like Elio had predicted would happen.

It was nearly three o'clock, the time Petra normally has her midafternoon snack which always happened to be cheese and crackers with grapes, things that Elio had already gotten out for her so that she could eat them while they talked. He might be an ass and maybe angry at her but he wasn't going to let her starve.

If she wasn't pregnant it might have been another story but because she was and the baby was his child he was going to make sure she got the proper treatment she deserved even if she might not deserve it right now.

Petra entered the kitchen immediately flicking the lights on a high pitch scream escaping her ruby red lips when she noticed Elio sitting at the counter with a glass of whiskey and the plate of food in front of him in the chair that was obviously reserved for her.

"E-Elio, you scared me." Petra laughed nervously putting her left hand over her heart, his eyes immediately narrowing on the wedding ring that was on her ring finger.

He didn't allow his eyes to stare too long not wanting to give her the wrong impression and looked back up to meet her gaze, his eyes cold and not allowing her to see the hurt he was also feeling at the moment.

Just focus on the anger Elio. He told himself as her finger's begin twiddling with the necklace she wore around her neck nervously.

Good, she should be nervous. He thought bitterly.

"Why did you lie to me Petra?" Elio asked getting straight to the point. He wasn't going to greet her if that's what she wanted.

Petra's face went white as she placed her purse down on top of the counter, her hand tightening on the strap.