026 | THE ULTIMATUM

"Decision is a sharp knife that cuts clean and straight; indecision, a dull one that hacks and tears and leaves ragged edges behind it."

~Gordon Graham

Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Elio was getting out of the pool when his phone went off.

He took his time checking to see who the notification was from it wasn't like he was expecting a message from anybody important, Davina had made it very clear that she wasn't going to respond.

It had been two weeks since he sent the message and he didn't even to see if she had even at least read it because she had that off it annoyed Elio to no end but he knew that it delivered because it said it did meaning she must have.

Elio sat down on one of the lounge chairs alongside the pool his body aching from his workout.

His phone went off again letting him know that two minutes had passed since he had received his message. He rolled his grabbing his phone but his heart skipped a beat when he saw the two messages.

Davina: yes, I did move and no, I'm not telling you where. With all do respect Elio you decided a long time ago that you wanted nothing to do with me or your child. You're married and you're about to have your own baby with YOUR wife, please, leave me alone.

Elio's mind was racing as he read what Davina sent over and over again his heart dropping to his stomach every time he read it but he wasn't going stop without a fight.

Elio: I understand that and I get why you would want that and I respect it, I just I want to talk, just for an hour if possible, please. I need to apologize and explain things. I lov-

Elio deleted the last four letters of his message before sending it his eyes watching as the blue line slowly went across his screen before his message was sent.

He sat there for what seemed like forever waiting to see if Davina would respond back or if it would take another couple of days for her to respond back but when the three dots started jumping on his screen letting him know she was typing he released a shaky breath and started bouncing his left leg.

Davina: I have nothing to say to you and I don't accept your apology Elio.

Elio shook his head but responded anyway.

Elio: Davina, please. I just need to explain after we talk you can kick me out of your life if you want to but please, let me explain.