032| EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

"I've learned that sometimes no amount of chances will change someone's true nature."

~ Unknown

Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

Davina stared at herself in the mirror of her old bathroom with a frown on her face as her eyes zeroed in on the horrendous zit that was beginning to form on her forehead right above her right eyebrow. It was the after her baby shower and she had a new friend living on her face.

Davina groaned doing her best to get a better view of the whitehead hoping that it wasn't as bad as she thought but with her belly getting in the way it was hard for her to tell.

"I give up," Davina sighed moving away from the counter shaking her head, her hair still wet from her shower not too long ago.

Today she was meeting Elio at South Pointe Beach for him to officially apologize.

Davina was nervous, not because she had a huge zit forming on her face— she could honestly care less if Elio saw her with one, she was more nervous from what Elio was going to say. She hadn't necessarily given him the chance to ever talk and explain himself but then again he never put in any effort until now.

She didn't want to take him or have him in the twins life, she just wanted to hear what he had to say and she would leave— but she knew that she wouldn't be able to do that, not legally anyway. Elio was still the father of the babies and he had every right to be on the birth certificate if he chooses to help and support her from this moment on. Davina wouldn't like it, but she would allow it for the sake of her children.

Of course though, there is that possibility that Elio is going to apologize for his actions but also tell her that despite feeling terrible for the way he has treated her he couldn't and wouldn't support her. At that point, Davina would hire an attorney and she would get it to the point where Elio legally signs his rights away.

"Do you need any help?" A knock and a voice says breaking Davina out of thought. She looked up locking eyes with her mother.

Katalyn smiled softly at her daughter as she shook her head. She's taken a notice that something was troubling her the minute she had woken up this morning and had refused to eat her bowl of fruit loops— one of her most recent cravings.

"Do you want to talk about anything?"

Davina bit her lip contemplating whether or not she wanted to tell her mom that she was going to meet up with Elio today to talk. She never kept anything from her mother but then again her mom hasn't necessarily been very fond of Elio the past few months which Davina doesn't blame her because neither was she.