Chapter 3

Mila's POV:

I had finished my last photoshoot up and was headed to pick my babies up from school. I was so excited to see them. I had a smile on my face the whole car ride there. The ride ended shortly; luckily, my studio wasn't far from the school. I got there about 10 minutes before they were supposed to be let out. About 5 minutes later, I started to see students filing out; they must have got out early. I soon spotted my kids, and they locked eyes with me. They both took off towards me with smiles on their faces. I matched their grin.

Alyx threw herself into my arms, and I hugged her tightly. Oh, I've missed them. I pulled away and looked at Aleksey, who gave me a smile and a nod. I got them in the car and started off down the road. I was about to ask them about their day when an emergency tone sounded over my car radio that was shut off. At this point, I knew that the message was only meant for supernaturals to hear. So I turned up the volume quickly.

"This is an urgent public announcement." Wait, that's Emma's voice. "A virus is spreading quickly throughout the supernatural community. It is highly contagious, spreads quickly, and is only targeting the supernatural community. It seems only to attack the supernatural gene." Her voice was so steady and articulate. Mine would be so shaky.

"I'm going to turn it over to Doctor Melissa Hein to go over symptoms and what you should do if you start presenting with them." I could hear soft footsteps in the background. Before I realized it, we had pulled into the driveway to the house. I sat there in the car, unbuckling my seatbelt and pushing my seat back so I could sit up forward comfortably.

"Momma, can we go inside?" I looked back at Aleksey to see him very uncomfortable.

"Of course. Here's the house key." I took it off my keychain and handed it to him. They got themselves out of their booster seats and made their way inside.

"Sorry for the long pause; I've just received new data that I will share with you at the end of the symptoms being listed. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, I want you to immediately check yourself into the nearest supernatural hospital and get quarantined. From there, we will need to know everyone you have been in contact with so we can test them for the virus. Symptoms are as follows: Fever, chills, coughing up blood, vomiting, the white part of your eyes are yellow, extreme fatigue, fainting, last but not least you will see your veins on your body turn black, and it will spread up your body towards your heart. These are the only symptoms we have documented so far. Now the news I have just been informed of, we jumped from a little over 80,000 confirmed to a little over 120,000 confirmed cases in the matter of a few hours." Then, I heard some more footsteps.

"Are there any questions at this time?" I heard Emma's voice again.

"Is there a cure? Antibiotics? Anything?" I heard a long sigh.

"No, not at this time. However, rest assured we have the best scientists and doctors around the world working around the clock to find something to stop this virus." I heard a ton of questions being sounded off at once.

"This will be the last one. You, there. Go ahead." The crowd quieted down quickly.

"What's the current mortality rate?" I heard some shuffling.

"Right now..." It was the doctor again. There was a long pause. Too long. "Right now, the mortality rate is 100 percent." I heard what had to be a hoard of reporters uproar and shout out questions. I could hear cameras flashing. The car radio turned back off. I gulped in fear and looked towards the house. I almost wanted to take the children out of public school and just homeschool them for now, at least until they know how to increase the survival rate.