Chapter 24

This is the moment I've been dreaming of the past couple of days since I found out about this doctor, this monster. I don't even know why he wants to target supernatural creatures, to begin with. Maybe he'll give that classic supervillain speech where they go off on a long rant about why they did what they did. As long as I get some damn answers, especially about the cure, I really don't give a shit why he did it just as long as I know how to stop it.

"Okay, team alpha and beta, are you ready?" They nodded. "Team Charlie, are you ready?" I heard a yes come over the radio. "Let's head in. Move, move, move, move, move!" I gave the command for us to head into his house.

What I found was particularly alarming. He was just casually sitting there in a comfy-looking chair in the middle of the room, with his feet propped up in the air. He gave off this vibe that was cocky and nonchalant. He didn't care that he could die at any moment.

"Finally. You all have found me." He started clapping as he put the footrest down and stood up. "I've gotta say, Mrs. Ambrogio; I can call you Emma, right?" He said cooly with a smirk on his face. I'd love to rip off of him right now. "Well, Emma. Welcome to my humble abode." He outstretched his arms and gestured at the surroundings around him. "I do have to say though, Emma. You took a lot longer to figure out it was a man-made virus and to figure out it was me than what I originally expected. But, that's understandable because your wife is dying, right?" I growled out and started heading towards him. Lance immediately held me back.

"Not yet, Emma." Lance voiced out to me. I shook my head out of its rage-induced fog and focused on the task at hand—the main reason as to why we were here in the first place.

"How do you even know that? Never mind that now; what's the cure?" I cut straight to the point.

"What cure do you speak of?" He looked at me, feigning ignorance to the topic I was addressing.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. The cure to the virus you unleashed on supernatural creatures. How do you stop it and save people?" He just started laughing maniacally.

"You sill, stupid girl. There is no cure. I designed it to where it will continue to evolve so no matter what you find to help, it will still ultimately end in the death of the host." He said this with a serious facial expression. By the steady beat of his heart, I knew he wasn't lying.

"Then I have absolutely no use for you." I shrugged and zipped over to him. I stuck my fist through his chest and started squeezing his heart. He gasped out in pain, and the vampire side of me awakened. The best inside of me thrived off him, withering in pain.

"How do you feel being in pain and this close to death?" I asked him, truly curious.

"Peachy. Get it over with." At that moment, it felt like Mila was there. I took my fist out of his chest.

"Patch him up; I want him to suffer." He laughed maniacally again, only this time clutching his chest and blood dripping down from his mouth.

"There's nothing you can do that will scare me." I raised my eyebrows at this.

"I said nothing about scaring you. I just want you to suffer. I'm calling my doctors and scientists right now to make a variant of the virus you made to where it will affect you in the same way." His eyes widened a bit, and I closed the distance between him and me once again. "And I will thrive off your suffering. My heart will rejoice while watching you wither in pain. I'll enjoy every plea you have for us to just kill you instead." I gave him an evil smirk. I knew at this point that my eyes had taken the characteristics of my vampire side taking over fully. I could hear him gulp loudly after I was saying this. I could feel a little bit of fear rolling off of him.