Chapter 29

Mila's POV:

"Fuck!" I groaned out in pain. It had been a couple of days since Emma left, and the virus had made it's way closer to my heart. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"I'm so sorry, Mila. I hate that you are going through this much pain." Nina had basically become like an older sister to me.

"Don't be sorry, it isn't your fault," I said all of this through clenched teeth. She got on the bed behind me and brought me closer to her. I laid my head on her chest as she held an ice pack on the back of my neck.

I was in so much pain. So much so that every time I felt anything touch my skin, it felt like it was being ripped off, and my bones were breaking. I felt like I was burning from the inside out. I am honestly surprised that everything my body is touching right now isn't catching on fire. I felt a surging pain shoot up my back.

"Fuck." Nina moved out from behind me and got down on her knees in front of the bed, in front of me. I could see the concern etched on her face. I could see my reflection in her eyes, exposing how much pain I was in.

More pain started to shoot through my body, but It continued to radiate. It was taking my breath away. I could barely keep my eyes open. I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt Nina wipe away my tears with the other hand that wasn't holding the ice pack. I looked at her and broke down.

"I can't do this, Nina. I can't do this." My voice was strained, and more tears made their way out of my eyes.

"You can do this, Mila. You can, okay?" I just shook my head no and screamed out in pain again. I started curling into myself.

"Grab my phone and call my mom, please. Tell her to come here now." Without taking the ice pack off of me, Nina reached and grabbed my phone and called me mom. I heard the light conversation as I was drifting in and out of conscientiousness. "Let her know that I need her to make my will and to bring stuff so we can do that." After I said that, the world around me faded till everything went black.

Emma's POV:

The lady had dark raven black hair, and her eyes were this orange-yellow color, and it reminded me a bit of the sun when it was starting to set. She looked to be somewhere around in her mid to late forties. If this is the ancient witch, though, I am sure she is probably as old as the world. Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit on that one, but still. She was a lot older than how she looked.

"Follow me." She simply said this and started walking further in the middle of the clearing. Chloe, Riley, and I all exchanged looks before following behind the older lady. The lady waved her hand, and soon a house was unveiled. It was a beautiful cottage-like home that looked wholesome. I looked like home, if that makes any sense.

"Come on in now." We filed in one by one slowly, cautiously. "Go on, sit down." We again cautiously made our way to the couch, where the three of us sat down together. She took the chair in front of us.

"Like I said before. I have been waiting for all of you." She waved her hand again and what looked to be like cups of tea appeared in front of Chloe and Riley, while a cup of blood appeared in front of me. "Go ahead, drink. It won't harm you, only replenish your energy." We exchanged looks and grabbed the cups off of the table. The blood I was drinking was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. It was delicious. Not as delicious as Mila, but still delicious. I put my cup down first and wiped my mouth on my sleeve.

"So you know why we're here?" The lady simply nodded.

"Yes, I do. The questions you have come with to ask me, I do have answers for." She took a brief pause. "However, these may not be the answers you were hoping for." Chloe took charge now and spoke.