Part 1 : Town Of Munyeong

Somewhere in Gwangju, located a small town named Munyeong, a town surrounded by high mountains and was secluded by the outside world.

Their main attraction for tourists was what once to be a wellness centre at the peak of a mountain named Memoria.

A massacre that took place at the wellness centre in 1999, resulted in 800 deaths.

Memoria's wellness centre then had been abandoned ever since.

The town of Munyeong then became unknown to the outside world.

At the centre of the town's square, a statue stood tall, under it, sat Sunghoon, drinking his banana milk. Waiting for his friends to arrive.

He had planned that night since last week. The school semester had started, things had been all over the place, Sunghoon thought a night out with the boys would be great.

The smell of fried food wafting in the air, Sunghoon gulped, his stomach grumbled.

Where are they?

Sunghoon thought to himself.

Sunghoon scanned the surrounding with his eyes and saw Sunoo running towards him.

He got up, immediately.

"WE HAVE CRAZY NEWS!" Jungwon yelled, from behind Sunoo.

It was in the mid of September, the fall wind swept through the town's square.

"A kid from Grade 11 went up to the abandoned wellness centre and guess what??" Jungwon asked, his eyes wide, Sunghoon thought it would pop out of its socket.

"What? He saw a ghost?" Sunghoon replied.

"No, silly-"

"He saw two men up there discussing buying the place" This time it was Sunoo who answered.

Jungwon looked at him sourly, he thought he was going to be the one who breaks the news to Sunghoon.

All three of them started to walk, they passed a crossing and were on the street.

Multiple cosmetic shops and trees with orangey leaves lined up the street.

"Why would someone buy that place? It had a bad past." Sunghoon stated.

Jungwon shrugged.

They went and ate Bulgogi Bap, Tteokkbokki and lots of other fried foods.

An hour at the PC room and they continued to stroll the streets.

Late that night, Sunghoon's head finally hit his pillow.

The thought of the Memoria's peak suddenly crossed his mind.

Why would someone want to buy that place?