Part 10: The Bloody Party

Never did Sunghoon sneaked out before, in his 18 years of life, this was his first.

He tiptoed down the stairs, the creak of the house under him made him uneasy.

His sister and parents were asleep upstairs, he doesn't want to get caught.

Sunghoon slowly closed the front door, and bolted.

He found himself laughing delightedly.

He felt free.

Sunghoon arrived at the cable car station. It was empty, not a single soul there.

Stepped into one, and sat down lightly.

The view underneath him scrolled by. Everything seemed interesting and beautiful to him, his heart beating weirdly.

He has never been like this, usually, it always happened before an exam. Yet that was different. Sunghoon could not identify the feeling.

Exhilaration? Elation?

Sunghoon jumped out of the cable car, striding past the angel statue heading west to the resort.

The walls were carved with intricate flowers, emerald and gold chandelier hung overhead.

Before he was two grand staircases with the reception table in the middle.

Sunghoon strode over to the reception table, the receptionist behind the table had her back towards Sunghoon.

"Excuse me"

The receptionist turned around.

She looked familiar.

"Uggh..May I know where is the Scintilla Mansion? I'm invited by Jake to Jay's party" Sunghoon show her the invitation letter.

The woman stared at him, peculiarly.

Sunghoon turned away.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I know it's late in the night, you probably feel sleepy!

but seriously!

Don't look at me like that!

Sunghoon thought to himself. Drifting his eyes away from the woman.

An arm wrapped around Sunghoon, he jumped a little by being startled.

"You can go to doing whatever you're doing, Bella," Jay said, his right arm around Sunghoon, lollipop in his mouth.

"I'll bring this kid, I mean this boy to the mansion" Jay smirked and took a glance towards Sunghoon.

"Come on," he said in English, he went to lead the way.

Sunghoon followed from behind, Bella the receptionist still had her eyes on Sunghoon.

Feeling freaked out, Sunghoon shuffled up next to Jay.

"Why is she being like that?" Sunghoon asked.

"Bella? Probably not enough sleep" Jay said, simply.

Sunghoon followed Jay through the resort's back door, leading them toward the woods.

Hairs on Sunghoon's arms raised, the only light source was the moon, Sunghoon was not sure if Jay is still in front of him. Where was Jay taking him, by the way?

"Jay?" Sunghoon called.

"Yup"

Can I trust this guy?

"Not far now" Jay added.

Sunghoon nodded, not that Jay could see him.

Two minutes after.

A structure loomed over their heads, Sunghoon gaped at the sight.

Perhaps, he does want to kill me.

Sunghoon thought, anxiously.

The exterior of the mansion said it had been there before the resort and mall developed.

Jay and the others may be rich but the mansion's front yard was filled with debris.

Some of the roof tiles were on the ground and the colored glass pane windows were filthy.

It was nothing like the resort.

Jay brought Sunghoon through the front door.

Sunghoon found himself in a grand hallway, the walls covered with black and red French wallpaper, some of it torn to the ground.

The hallway flows into the main hall with, gold chandelier overhead.

Sunghoon's classmates scattered everywhere, some were chatting and some were dancing.

A table was placed under the chandelier with beverages on top of it.

The pillars were slithered with fairy lights, loud music blasting out of a priceless stereo, balloons hovering against the ceiling walls.

Sunghoon felt the ground beating the same rhythm as the bass from the stereo.

His eyes darted everywhere, looking for familiar faces. Or for that one particular person.

Heeseung came up from behind Sunghoon and tapped his shoulder.

Sunghoon spun around.

"Thought you weren't going to come here," Heeseung said, surprised to see Sunghoon.

"Well, here I am" Sunghoon shrugged, his eyes still scanning around.

"Who are you looking for?" Heeseung asked.

"No one-"

The night moved on, Sunghoon felt like he was a different person, he talked to a lot of people and danced in front of everyone.

He looked down at his paper cup, the red cherry drink tasted weird for him.

Sunghoon just had a couple of sips of it.

He put it aside and went to find Sunoo.

He passed by the youngsters, some still wearing their school uniforms.

Sunoo was fast asleep on a sofa.

Sunghoon too felt drowsy all of sudden.

His body felt heavy, dropping himself next to Sunoo, Sunghoon fell asleep.