Part 21: Uncertainty and Vengeance

Sookyu Park, Jay's grandmother lies on the infirmary bed of the clan's underground lair.

Jay sat next to her, face unreadable.

Across the bed stood Y/N.

Jay had been distant those couple of days, Y/N could not blame him for what has happened to his grandmother.

Yet, he was the one that always lent an ear to her.

Now, it was impossible to talk to him.

The anxiousness that Y/N had felt those couple of days was eating her from inside.

It began when she went hunting with the Fallen Angel late at night.

The clans had made some oaths that they will not break.

One of them was to not suck up the blood of children.

Yet that one night, before Y/N's very eyes, their leader had broken the oath.

They are monsters, yet there is still some form of a human attached to them, a memory they once had as a human.

To kill a child was outrageous for them.

Y/N wanted to talk to someone about it, it kept her up all night and day.

The screamed of the little girl as the Fallen Angel lifted her off the ground with his strong hands haunting Y/N.

She could not bring herself to speak with Jay of the matter, as he was grieving.

Y/N turned to stare at Jay's grandmother, she was as much as dead.

Her whole body was paralyzed, her eyes closed and her heartbeat slow.

Jay's grandmother was turned into a vampire at the very age of 87.

And was lively, with no signs of sickness.

Her sudden collapse got Y/N shocked.

"I'll be going now" Y/N informed Jay, who had his eyes on his grandmother since Y/N had come in.

Y/N strolled out of the room and came face to face with Heeseung.

"I want to see how Jay's holding up," Heeseung said.

Y/N nodded and left.

Heeseung slid in and shut the door.

"Is there a cure?" Jay asked, abruptly.

"Unfortunately, no. I'm sorry, whoever done this wants your grandma in a coma or die" Heeseung said and walked over to where Y/N had stood.

"It's a pesticide called Strychnine, used for poisoning birds and rodents-" Heeseung sighed and continue.

"Your grandma could get in worse condition than this after drinking that, she could have died by asphyxia, thank god she did not"

Jay listened intently to Heeseung's words.

"What is aspy- That thing you said," Jay asked.

Heeseung gulped nervously.

"A condition when your body is deprived of oxygen, more like suffocation"

Jay dragged his eyes away from Heeseung and landed on his grandmother.

Anger stirred within him.

"Do you have any idea who could have done this?" Heeseung asked.

It was going according to his plan.

He will leave this place with Jungwon and Sunoo.

And he will find a cure for this blood-sucking disease.

And...apologize to Sunghoon.

This Jay was his ticket to free himself and his friends.

"I don't need an idea to know...I've already known all this f***ing time!"

Jay said through gritted teeth.

KARL