Chapter Twenty Six - Her Family

Unedited

Six weeks later

A young adult strolled down the uneven street, her onyx curls swaying against her shoulders. A midnight blue scarf was snuggly wrapped around her neck and hands shoved deeply into the pockets of a newly bought coat. The trainers she wore scuffed against the concrete every few steps.

Pickle-coloured eyes glanced around herself. The tall buildings of whatever city she was in blocked out the cloudy winter skies,  the noisy cars giving her a headache and the people around her keeping to themselves. She was hidden in the crowd, an unfamiliar face that was just going about her daily business, ignored by everyone. 

She crossed the road, ignoring all the honks she was given. She had places to be, and she was already late. 

Breathing in deeply, the cold air made her shiver, and she adjusted the scarf closer to her neck. 

Her destination came quickly, a lone building surrounded by a car park, dwarfed by the giant buildings stood around it. A canary coloured sign stood on top of the one story building, it's colour contrasting greatly against the pale pink of it's walls.

'Scooped Delight'

A high pitched bell jingled as she entered, the hum of freezers and quiet talking a large switch from the sound of cars and people. Her eyes wandered around the quiet ice cream parlor, questioning why she was even there in the first place. It was cold enough outside without eating ice cream.

"Cami! Over here!"

Right, that's why.

Cameron smiled at Arlo, who was kneeling on the table waving his arms at her, in a booth with three of their brothers. His shaggy ebony hair was out of control, like usual, and his lean physique was hidden behind his thick blood red hoodie. Black gloves covered his hands, but Cameron ignored how they were now inside and he didn't need to wear them.

Diego sat beside him, arms crossed and staring out the window. He wore his thin leather jacket, apparently not feeling the cold, when he had thicker jackets to wear. Cameron had found his jacket collection, well, Lloyd had showed her, and they spent a whole morning pretending to be Diego. Let's just say he wasn't impressed.

Jokes on him, she still had one hung on the post of her bed in the warehouse.

"Hey!" Arlo squawked as Reid tugged him off the table in a single pull, sending him tumbling back onto Diego.

"Watch it," Diego growled, pushing Arlo back into Reid.

Reid responded with a silent glare to the pair of them. His emotionless, cold green eyes were partly covered by pieces of his hair that had fallen out of his bun, but that didn't make his glare any less scary. He wore thicker clothes than his usual thin, form fitting dark pants and shirt. 

"Save me," Arlo whispered, shrinking back into Diego.

Cameron chuckled as she walked closer. 

Lloyd sat opposite Diego, leaning against the window with his feet up on the seat. His lime green hat hid his messy dark hair, his thin rimmed glasses perched low on his nose as he watched his brothers with mischievous curiosity. A white waterproof coat with lime green lines running down the sleeves had been placed on the back of where he sat.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you didn't know how to sit properly," Cameron sarcastically stated, shuffling into the space beside Lloyd after he moved his feet.

"They don't," Lloyd muttered, leaning his elbow on the table.

Arlo crossed his arms dramatically. "Of course we do."