Chapter Twenty - Spotted

Unedited

Cameron sat on the sofa, remote in hand. The click of her finger hitting the buttons was drowned out by the changing of channels on the television. Her eyes stayed glued to the screen, her attention never wavering. Not even when Arlo sat beside her.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, curiously watching the rapid change of channels on the TV.

"I honestly have no idea." Cameron admitted, eyes leaving the screen for a second to look at her older brother. When she saw his confused face she turned her attention back to the screen. "Lloyd asked me to check all the News channels. He never said what for, only I would know when I see it."

Arlo nodded at the information. "Sounds like Lloyd. How long have you been doing this for?"

Cameron sighed. "A while."

"Maybe you should take a break," Arlo suggested.

Cameron shrugged, not willing to take a break until she found what Lloyd wanted her to find.

They fell into a comfortable silence, both watching the screen. Cameron could feel her eyes beginning to ache from staring at the screen for too long. She rubbed both her eyes, while never taking her finger off the button. 

"..and they scored one..."

"...storm on its way..."

"...fire in the prison..."

"...Ashley Willis spotted..."

Cameron froze at the name, her finger leaving the button before she changed the channel. A picture of Ashley was on the screen, taken from a CCTV camera from the blurriness of it. A News reporter was beside the image, reading off information about the siting.

"The Police officers from the scene of the shooting over twenty-four hours ago have confirmed this is one of the suspects they have been searching for. Due to their being no CCTV footage from the actual shooting, eye witnesses have supported this information given, saying this woman is dangerous and has a gun. If you live in this area, please be vigilant and stay safe."

The picture of Ashley changed to a map, a red circle locating the area Ashley had been spotted on CCTV. 

"That's not too far from here." Arlo muttered. Cameron nodded, frown coming to her face.

Ashley had been spotted. This is what Lloyd wanted her to see?

She dropped the remote onto the sofa, turning and letting her eyes roam over the safehouse. Myles was in the kitchen, Kalmin and Reid were in the med bay, she couldn't see Diego so he could be outside, and Lloyd was sat at the dining table.

She jumped up, and walked around the sofa towards her youngest brother. 

"Ashley's been spotted." She stated, sliding into the seat across from him.

Lloyd nodded, glancing up from his laptop to gaze at her. "Yes, she has."

"What are we going to do about it?" Cameron questioned, feeling like there was more information than just the sighting.

Lloyd smirked, twisting the laptop around so the screen faced her. She scrutinized the image on the screen. It was a simple building, painted white and blue, with a silhouette of a golden willow tree on the sign hanging on the front.

The image of the picture of a willow tree from her fake-parent's bungalow flashed through her mind. Was this connected?

"What does this have to do with Ashley?" Cameron inquired, her thoughts staying on the willow tree picture she saw before the bungalow was blown up.