Chapter Nine

Ahem not really a smut warning, but like a hint of smut appears, so if you don't like that, tread with caution at the end.

Bennett

I sat in the airport lounge, searching for my Xanax, the usual flying anxiety beginning to have too much of an effect on me. I could feel myself sweating through my suit. My fingers touched the prescription bottle and I pulled it out of my carry-on. There was still an hour and a half until take off.

Frowning, I stared down at the bottle. Would it be better to take it now or later? I always had this issue. It was why I hated flying for work. Relying on medicine wasn't my favorite thing in the world.

But once I got on the flight I was one step closer to getting home and seeing Henley. I could do it.

"Attention passengers on American Airlines flight 6107 to Albany. The flight has been delayed due to a late-arriving aircraft. Our new departure time is 1:05 PM."

I stopped with my hand almost to my mouth. That was my flight. I let the pills fall back in the bottle as my mood dropped. That was over a three-hour delay.

Putting a hand to my forehead, I sighed deeply. I just wanted to get home.

"You look like you could use a drink," a woman's voice said behind me as a hand landed on my shoulder. "Can I buy you one?"

I glanced over my shoulder to see Cara grinning at me. Sitting straighter, I followed her movements as she took a seat in the chair opposite of mine. "What are you doing here?"

She grinned. "What a coincidence, right? Almost like fate."

"This is one of the biggest airports in the U.S and you're the CEO of an airline. It's really not that much of a coincidence," I told her.

She grimaced. "You're not very romantic, are you?"

"What? I'm very romantic," I said. "Ask Henley."

Cara nodded, pulling out her phone. "Yeah, sure. I will. Right now."

I hesitated. Would Henley say I was romantic? Did I do anything romantic for her? I tried to think. Did making her dinner count? Was that really all I could think of? "Since when did you have her number?" I muttered.

"I don't. I just wanted to see you sweat. It worked."

I folded my arms over my chest. Why did everyone like to do that to me?

Either way, I needed to do something romantic for Henley. Something that would sweet her of her feet. It was always one thing after another and barely ever any time for us to just relax together.

If I could ever get home. I sighed again.

"Want me to get you on a quicker flight?" Cara asked. "I can as long as there is a free seat. Can't promise it'll be first-class though."