EXTRA: Lee + Henry + Boracay

Authors Note #1:

Authors Note #1:

Hi friends! I am once again stuck on the plot for H2L, but don't want to not put out anything, so here's an extra about Lee and Henry. It literally is 6k words longer than I meant it to be, but it's fine. It also is not really cohesive. I don't like writing in the third person and I'm not really good at it. So it's kind of in bits and pieces LOL. I hope you can enjoy it still.

Happy reading!

Lee's mind had been a mess since the day he visited his mother— that woman. No, maybe it was a mess from further before that, even. Maybe it'd always been a mess. Maybe that was why he covered her for so long, why he made mistake after constant mistake, why he couldn't just be normal for once.

 Maybe that was why he covered her for so long, why he made mistake after constant mistake, why he couldn't just be normal for once

Seeing Bennett irritated him. Bennett hadn't even done anything. All he had done was be her son. Her son by blood. Her son she knew she'd have take over the company, making Lee work like a dog under a false pretense. He'd thought he'd been saving Bennett from a miserable life, when instead, he'd been securing one for himself.

Lee hated he felt like that. Hated that he felt annoyance toward Bennett. Hated that even after everything, even with her behind bars, she could influence him like this.

You'll ruin him, she'd said the moment he'd walked into the visitation room.

It was always Lee's fault. Everything always was.

If you stay at the company, you'll not only ruin your brother's life, but every other employee's as well. Can you handle that Lee? You're so selfish—

A throb went through Lee's head and he put a hand to his forehead, squeezing his eyes shut. No. He refused to think about her words. They didn't matter. He knew better now. She was just trying to control him. But he was done trying to please her. He was done being her son. All the years he'd worked so hard for the company had turned out to be just him lying the foundation for Bennett. Everything he did had been for Bennett, but not in the way he thought. Lee had just played right into that woman's hands.

The stress everything was putting on him was turning him into a person he didn't like— and it unnerved him.

Bennett hadn't done anything wrong. She was the one who was wrong. And yet, she claimed Lee was the one who'd ruin Bennett? How did that make any sense?